Question Need to backup my HDD and SSD

entire backup including FULL OS and all files and folders everything,my second pc is 10+ years old it is going to die soon so need to get everything of both my disk drives

Your personal data may be irreplacable...if your drive dies, you'd likely lose it all and couldn't get it back at any cost.

Windows is easily replaced. Most applications are easily replaced. All a "system backup" does is save you the time required to reinstall and maybe some money.

So...I'd prioritize personal data backup and do that today by a simple drag and drop copy if nothing else. There are also a bunch of free programs designed to back up personal data only.

You can use an application like Macrium Reflect Free Edition to back up "everything", including Windows, installed applications, and personal data. It's a fine program, but not the slickest tool for personal data backup...in my opinion.

USAFRet

Titan
entire backup including FULL OS and all files and folders everything,my second pc is 10+ years old it is going to die soon so need to get everything of both my disk drives
Macrium Reflect.

Full drive images, off to some other storage device.

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Your personal data may be irreplacable...if your drive dies, you'd likely lose it all and couldn't get it back at any cost.

Windows is easily replaced. Most applications are easily replaced. All a "system backup" does is save you the time required to reinstall and maybe some money.

So...I'd prioritize personal data backup and do that today by a simple drag and drop copy if nothing else. There are also a bunch of free programs designed to back up personal data only.

You can use an application like Macrium Reflect Free Edition to back up "everything", including Windows, installed applications, and personal data. It's a fine program, but not the slickest tool for personal data backup...in my opinion.

so copy pasting the drive will work?

USAFRet

Titan
backup entire drive i saw someone say above that copy pasting the drive will work
If you want an actual full drive backup, that can be used to recover to a new drive, or in the aftermath of a nasty virus....simple copy/paste will not work.
There is a lot of stuff in your C drive that you do not see nor have access to.

The above mentioned and linked Macrium Reflect will do this.

If you just want to copy your personal files, that is a whole different thing.

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
If you want an actual full drive backup, that can be used to recover to a new drive, or in the aftermath of a nasty virus....simple copy/paste will not work.
There is a lot of stuff in your C drive that you do not see nor have access to.

The above mentioned and linked Macrium Reflect will do this.

If you just want to copy your personal files, that is a whole different thing.

i don't care about OS just all the personal files, is macrium still good for this or no?

i don't care about OS just all the personal files, is macrium still good for this or no?

For personal files only, you COULD use Macrium.

But it isn't the best app for that in my opinion.

A copy paste would work for personal files, but it isn't ideal either.

I'd use a program made for that specific purpose...personal file backup. There's a bunch of them. All work similarly. The interfaces differ..some are simpler than others.

methix0r

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
For personal files only, you COULD use Macrium.

But it isn't the best app for that in my opinion.

A copy paste would work for personal files, but it isn't ideal either.

I'd use a program made for that specific purpose...personal file backup. There's a bunch of them. All work similarly. The interfaces differ..some are simpler than others.
do you know any program for this like mentioned just for all personal files

applications and personal files is what i want to backup

If those applications are installed, you would have to use Macrium

If those applications are NOT installed, they are just personal data and can be backed up like a picture of your cat.

If you use Macrium, it will automatically include personal files if you include the partitions that contain personal files. It's up to you to know what partitions that is.

Simplest thing is to include ALL partitions.