[SOLVED] Need to clean GPU Heatsink and hence add new thermal paste ,Need a little advice

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi, I have 13 dogs in my house and as you can imagine they do shed fur and they do play in the garden and roam freely in the house which also means dirt also accumulates over time, of course I vacuum and broom the house but sadly the PC's inside cant be just broomed but hey I love all 13 of them and they all are rescued from different atrocities

So I noticed dirt on the GPU heatsink which I cleaned blowing air but still the inside or the back has some and I'm gonna remove the heatsink and clean it thoroughly but what could be a really good thermal paste to apply that performs as good as the stock paste did or even better as I do overclock the card to its max stable limit

The card is Zotac Twin Fan GTX 1650 SUPER

Would love to have guidance please and I was thinking of Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut but would need advise if it's alright or is there a better option I could go for

Thank

Solution
many graphics cards need thermal pads that are a specific thickness.
you should do some research / online searches pertaining to modding this specific card or contact Zotac directly.
also if the card is still under warranty you will be voiding that warranty.

unless you are noticing any significant spikes in GPU temperature recently there is really no reason to touch the card.

you should make sure your system is not located on or near carpet, or on the floor at all.
make sure any intake vents are properly filtered.
and make sure you have a slight positive air pressure in your case that will keep any dust or debris from being sucked into any open crevices.
you should do some research / online searches pertaining to modding this specific card or contact Zotac directly.

unless you are noticing any significant spikes in GPU temperature recently there is really no reason to touch the card.

you should make sure your system is not located on or near carpet, or on the floor at all.
and make sure you have a slight positive air pressure in your case that will keep any dust or debris from being sucked into any open crevices.

Solution

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015

Thank you for the advice and thank you again, I completely forgot it's under warranty and it's not heating much after blowing air so I should just leave it at that and not void the warranty seeing how card prices are these days

Thanks once again and really digging our matching usernames

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost
I have never had the need to replace paste on a GPU keeping it free of dust and lint (dog hair) has worked for me through a few decades. Useful lifespan for gaming on a GPU is about 5 years so I have always upgraded before any issues arise, still running a HD6850 in a old backup rig with no temp issues just by keeping it clean .