[SOLVED] Need to fix display not showing up

Apr 30, 2021
Recently my pc has stopped giving display output. I have checked through everything that I can, cords, monitor, trying to get output from the motherboard, nothing seems to work. I have gotten output from the mb when I unplugged my gpu, but when I put it back in, I get nothing.

specs are:
ga-78lmt-s2 rev 1.0
amd hd 8490
asus vs207df monitor (using dvi-to vga cable adapter)

From what I can tell its either the adapter or the gpu but I have no way of testing them individually

Solution
I have gotten output from the mb when I unplugged my gpu, but when I put it back in, I get nothing.

Based on that, i'd say your GPU is toast.

While it could be possible that your adapter malfunctions, and is incapable of taking the analog signal within DVI and forwarding it to VGA port, it is highly unlikely. Unless there is some visible damage on the adapter, that e.g breaks one of the analog signals. But since it appeared out of the blue, i'd still say your GPU died on you.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I have gotten output from the mb when I unplugged my gpu, but when I put it back in, I get nothing.

While it could be possible that your adapter malfunctions, and is incapable of taking the analog signal within DVI and forwarding it to VGA port, it is highly unlikely. Unless there is some visible damage on the adapter, that e.g breaks one of the analog signals. But since it appeared out of the blue, i'd still say your GPU died on you.

Reactions: helper800
Solution
Apr 30, 2021

Yeah at this point I figured, I got the thing for 45 bucks off newegg so I cant really have expected much else. Theres no visible damage on the adapter and its worked perfectly fine for the past 5 months. I'll just have to get something else for now.

Thanks