Question Need to replace my HDMI port

Apr 1, 2020
Ok, so I've got an old gaming PC, I've got two sections of video connections, each with a VGA, DVI & a HDMI. I've got a set of connections which I believe are connected to the motherboard and another set which is connected to the Graphics card. The only connections that have ever worked are the ones connected to the Graphics card, but unfortunately the HDMI port is f**ked and I don't have a VGA or DVI, an am unable to source one as my country is in lockdown. I was wondering if their is a way to rewire it, so I can use the HDMI connected to the motherboard. Also please allow me to upload some pics

Apr 1, 2020
If the GPU (the Graphics Card) is working, you can get relatively cheap DVI-to-HDMI cable. You can't use on-board ports with your add-on GPU.
If the GPU (the Graphics Card) is working, you can get relatively cheap DVI-to-HDMI cable. You can't use on-board ports with your add-on GPU.
Yes but my country is shut down for 4 weeks and this is only the first, so I am unable to buy anything and I cbf waiting for something to come from a foreign country, so is there a way I can change them over myself

DSzymborski

Titan
Yes but my country is shut down for 4 weeks and this is only the first, so I am unable to buy anything and I cbf waiting for something to come from a foreign country, so is there a way I can change them over myself

An unfortunate situation, but the only real option is to obtain an adapter and hope it's the GPU's port that's an issue, not a wider GPU issue.

If you have integrated graphics, you can remove the GPU and then connect the monitor to the motherboard but whether this is a possibility is just a guess; you didn't give us any of your specs.

Apr 1, 2020
Part of the HDMI port inside has snapped off, so its the HDMI port alone, not an issue related to any other part of the PC. I believe it does have intergrated graphics and I dont know my specs as I'm unable to get onto the PC, it would help if this site allowed me to upload pictures, every other computer forum I looked it allows picture attachments

DSzymborski

Titan
Part of the HDMI port inside has snapped off, so its the HDMI port alone, not an issue related to any other part of the PC. I believe it does have intergrated graphics and I dont know my specs as I'm unable to get onto the PC, it would help if this site allowed me to upload pictures, every other computer forum I looked it allows picture attachments

Anything can happen when something breaks internally; just a tiny piece of metal touching the wrong part of the board now can destroy a GPU.

There are plenty of image-hosting services you can post the link from, like imgur. It's generally recommended to know what your hardware is! Hosting image files ourselves requires a whole lot more space and an additional layer of legal responsibilities.

Apr 1, 2020
View: https://imgur.com/8x4uPOT
Ok this is what I think is the GPU. This is always where I connect my video signal too, as you can see a part has broken off inside the HDMI and I literally cannot fit an HDMI in there now, it just wont go in
View: https://imgur.com/a/uFG0CK5
This is an image of the other video ports, which I believe are connected to the motherboard, none of these have ever worked. The USBS do infact work though, just not the HDMI, DVI etc
View: https://imgur.com/n6WBwPJ
The inside of the computer. The larger red plug on the right hand side, is what I unplugged from the GPU

DSzymborski

Titan
Well, we know a little more. You have an Intel, so you almost certainly have integrated graphics with this generation of motherboard (Kaby Lake or Skylake since I see 1151 on the motherboard) since I doubt this PC has a Xeon. With the GPU completely removed, you ought to be able to start the PC with the integrated graphics on the motherboard. If you had an AMD, you'd be out of luck as most of their CPUs do not have integrated graphics.

Can't tell you much about your GPU other than that...it's a GPU. Hopefully, you weren't tried to run anything to beefy on that ancient Enermax group-regulated PSU that is actually a <400W GPU in modern terms.

Don't forget to plug your CPU back in. Though before you do, for god's sake, please do some cleaning here. Your upkeep here is appalling and your CPU fan is literally choked with dust and dirt. Without seeing markers of a newer system, I'd have thought this was sitting in an attic for a decade, not a PC that's three years old at most!

Apr 1, 2020
Well, we know a little more. You have an Intel, so you almost certainly have integrated graphics with this generation of motherboard (Kaby Lake or Skylake since I see 1151 on the motherboard) since I doubt this PC has a Xeon. With the GPU completely removed, you ought to be able to start the PC with the integrated graphics on the motherboard. If you had an AMD, you'd be out of luck as most of their CPUs do not have integrated graphics.

Can't tell you much about your GPU other than that...it's a GPU. Hopefully, you weren't tried to run anything to beefy on that ancient Enermax group-regulated PSU that is actually a <400W GPU in modern terms.

Don't forget to plug your CPU back in. Though before you do, for god's sake, please do some cleaning here. Your upkeep here is appalling and your CPU fan is literally choked with dust and dirt. Without seeing markers of a newer system, I'd have thought this was sitting in an attic for a decade, not a PC that's three years old at most!
Yeah I've never taking it apart since I brought it. I will certainly be giving it a clean though. the graphics card is a Nvidea Geforce anyway. How do I connect I connect the integrated graphics to a motherboard?

Apr 1, 2020
The cable that went from the monitor to the GPU, connect it from the monitor to the port on the motherboard.
The cable which was an HDMI is not working when connected to the port on the motherboard and hasn't been working since I got the PC brand new. I've taking the GPU out and it still doesn't woprk. Are there some plugs in the inside of the PC that I have to change, to connect to the motherboard?

DSzymborski

Titan
The cable which was an HDMI is not working when connected to the port on the motherboard and hasn't been working since I got the PC brand new. I've taking the GPU out and it still doesn't woprk. Are there some plugs in the inside of the PC that I have to change, to connect to the motherboard?

No. Unfortunately, this was your option that didn't involve having an adapter.

I thought it unlikely that you have a Xeon in there, but it's still possible because you haven't even told us what the CPU is.