[SOLVED] Need to replace the ASUS P8Z77 board due to display issues

Jun 3, 2020
Guys so I have a PC with motherboard P8Z77 (8 years old now) having below specs.

"64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 32 °C Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO (LGA1155) 25 °C Graphics AAA (800x600@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc) Storage 111GB Corsair Force 3 SSD (SATA (SSD)) 30 °C 931GB Seagate ST1000LM010-9YH146 (SATA ) 24 °C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95"

The problem is that since last one month external graphics card (GTX 1060 6G) is not working and after bit of tinkering on-board VGA also stopped working. I did all the classic procedures (clearing CMOS, reset BIOS, rewrite BIOS) etc and then finally took it to a hardware shop. Now the guys are telling me there is problem with board for sure and they are having difficult time to source the new board (same brand and specs). So my question is what is the current (year 2020 or even 2019) board from ASUS which would be compatible with my components listed above. Unfortunately thinking there is problem with my 1060 I bought a new GPU (1600 series) as well. So now I got 2 GPUS with a not-working board. Kindly give some advice.

Solution
Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. While I was searching eBay i found many similar boards but the problem is how do I trust any one of them? And besides I will have to pay twice the price as delivery charges are almost same as board. If you or someone can help me to find out any LATEST current generation board which can seat all my components (I can compromise on few like PSU etc.). Or maybe its better i buy a complete new system (without GPU ofc) and then just use my GPUs and throw away the old components and board?
Yeah, my first choice on new or old parts for repairs is to buy new out of Hong Kong, but shipping is very slow right now (like 35-40 days), just got a big package (20 sets) of replacement case cables for $15 compared...

RealBeast

Titan
Guys so I have a PC with motherboard P8Z77 (8 years old now) having below specs.

"64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 32 °C Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO (LGA1155) 25 °C Graphics AAA (800x600@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc) Storage 111GB Corsair Force 3 SSD (SATA (SSD)) 30 °C 931GB Seagate ST1000LM010-9YH146 (SATA ) 24 °C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS95"

The problem is that since last one month external graphics card (GTX 1060 6G) is not working and after bit of tinkering on-board VGA also stopped working. I did all the classic procedures (clearing CMOS, reset BIOS, rewrite BIOS) etc and then finally took it to a hardware shop. Now the guys are telling me there is problem with board for sure and they are having difficult time to source the new board (same brand and specs). So my question is what is the current (year 2020 or even 2019) board from ASUS which would be compatible with my components listed above. Unfortunately thinking there is problem with my 1060 I bought a new GPU (1600 series) as well. So now I got 2 GPUS with a not-working board. Kindly give some advice.
I'd pick up an inexpensive used board on EBay. Just search for Z77 motherboard, any will work with your parts.

Jun 3, 2020
I'd pick up an inexpensive used board on EBay. Just search for Z77 motherboard, any will work with your parts.
Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. While I was searching eBay i found many similar boards but the problem is how do I trust any one of them? And besides I will have to pay twice the price as delivery charges are almost same as board. If you or someone can help me to find out any LATEST current generation board which can seat all my components (I can compromise on few like PSU etc.). Or maybe its better i buy a complete new system (without GPU ofc) and then just use my GPUs and throw away the old components and board?

RealBeast

Titan
Yeah, my first choice on new or old parts for repairs is to buy new out of Hong Kong, but shipping is very slow right now (like 35-40 days), just got a big package (20 sets) of replacement case cables for $15 compared to $8 each on Amazon but it took 3 weeks.

It would be a better choice to build a modern system with DDR4, a new board and CPU if your budget can handle it right now. You might want to list old parts on EBay, I often have done it and gotten more than I expected. You can also sell old parts on the Classified section here on Tom's (but be sure to read the rules on pictures and stuff).

Solution