Need to reset ethernet adapter in order to get internet access

Sep 5, 2018
Recently, my computer's ethernet connection started disconnecting randomly. Sometimes it happens every few hours or every few minutes, and I either needed to restart my computer or reset the ethernet adapter in order to be connected to the internet again. Wifi still works fine, it's just the ethernet connection to my computer. I've ran the automatic update for my ethernet driver and this still happens.

*UPDATE*
So I found out that the internet disconnects when I watch youtube videos. I can download games on steam, watch twitch streams and surf the internet normally, but when I watch youtube videos for around 1-2 minutes, the internet disconnects.

Is there any way to fix this?

Sep 5, 2018

I realized that the internet disconnects when I watch youtube videos, which is pretty strange as it has never happened before. I reset the network and it still happens.

Sep 5, 2018

I'm on ethernet so those options aren't available to me. I've narrowed down the problem to when I'm performing actions on google chrome that requires high bandwidth such as downloading files, loading HD videos, opening multiple tabs, etc. My ethernet would disconnect and it happens in incognito mode as well, so extensions aren't the problem. Other browsers work fine and it's only google chrome that is causing the problem.

Sep 5, 2018

Yeap, pretty weird to me too. Chrome was working perfectly fine and it suddenly became like this. Ran malware scans with both Avast and Malwarebytes and nothing came up too. I'm gonna try to reinstall chrome and see how it goes