Question Need USB passthru adapter for Mouse, Tether from cellphone, memory stick,

caslon

Honorable
Apr 2, 2014
I only have one usb port on my new Acer Aspire 515-43 laptop. I need a short USB pass thru for connecting USB mouse, USB smartphone tether to laptop and a memory stick. Can someone direct me to a link for such? USA. Need ASAP (not long shipping time). I assume all three are data ? Nothing fancier if they make such.

caslon

Honorable
Apr 2, 2014
Thanks. From reviews I've read of both, some said it won't transfer their data from their Iphone to their laptop (I own Iphone 7). I can do without any power to charge things, so I wonder if just a simple stubby data only (two) passthru would get past the problem he had. I guess I'll have to try those you mentioned and see.

P.S. He said his Iphone wouldn't sync. I assume he means it prevents the Iphone tether from working at all with the laptop. (phone works fine by itself on the laptops USB port. Any thoughts welcomed.

caslon

Honorable
Apr 2, 2014
I just ordered the two you mentioned from Amazon with one day shipping. We'll see.

Thanks much. BTW, have you seen just a simple stubby USB passthru for data only?
I wonder if that might work too.

caslon

Honorable
Apr 2, 2014
I have not used such a product ("stubby"). Do you have a link to what you are inquiring about?

I mispoke in that I don't need to use my iphone to tether to the laptop as I have a wireless JetPAck hotspot device. So, I just need to get a wireless mouse and maybe a memory stick workig off the usb port at the same time. I'm sure one of those you mentioned which arrive tomorrow will fit the bill.

Last edited: