Need your opinions

User1998

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016
I'm in the process of buying and building my first PC. I want to hear your thoughts on the parts I picked.

CPU - Intel i5 6600

MOBO - Asus H110 M - D

PSU - LC5550 "black" v2.2 550w

RAM - Single stick of Crucial DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

GPU - Radeon RX480 reference for now and may change if there comes an AIB that makes a noticeable difference

CASE - Antec VSK3000B

Solution
Get an RX 480 with custom pcb and cooler,they come with 8pin cpie power connectors now and this will help with power distribution,The reference tends to take too much power fro the pcie slot.

Get dualchannel ram for the benefit it can give.I understand that you want to keep the upgrade option open,but mixing ram,even from the same vendor and type,has become more difficult,just get two new sticks when wanting more.

Enough said about the choice of psu.Take that advice. ;)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Get an RX 480 with custom pcb and cooler,they come with 8pin cpie power connectors now and this will help with power distribution,The reference tends to take too much power fro the pcie slot.

Get dualchannel ram for the benefit it can give.I understand that you want to keep the upgrade option open,but mixing ram,even from the same vendor and type,has become more difficult,just get two new sticks when wanting more.

Enough said about the choice of psu.Take that advice. ;)

Solution