Needing a low budget gaming computer.

creativityliam

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I'm looking for a low budget all in one computer bundle, including an operating system and a good monitor.

There isn't a set budget, but I'm in need of something that can play things such as Minecraft, CS:GO and what not at a suitable fps, something good enough to play what I need to play without problems.

If anyone can suggest a bundle, or know any tips or tricks on how to get things for a little cheaper, I'd love you forever.

Solution
Sure, you don't need to worry.

Searching, i found this site: https://www.computerplanet.co.uk/
It's a little bit pricey, but they do exactly what you asked for, build a pc for you than deliver it.

I got a £596 build there with these specs there:
Computer Case: Black ATX Tower Case
CPU: Intel i3 6100 - (2 x 3.7 GHZ) - Skylake
CPU Heatsink: Intel Heatsink & Fan - Low Noise
Memory: Corsair 8GB Vengeance LPX 2133MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR4)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti - 2 GB - (PCI-E)
Motherboard: ASUS H170-M (Intel H170) (M-ATX) - 2xUSB 3.0/2xUSB 2.0
Sound Card: Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Wired Networking: Motherboard Integrated 10/100/1000...

creativityliam

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
AMD Richland A4 - 6300 Dual Core Processor / CPU running at 3.7Ghz (With 3.9GHz Turbo Mode)

8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM

AMD Radeon HD 8370D Graphics

1000GB SATA Hard Drive

CD / DVD-RW Dual Layer Optical Disc Drive

FM2+ MICRO ATX Motherboard

500W Quiet Power Supply Featuring Large 120mm Cooling Fan

High Quality Desktop PC Gaming Case.

Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN

4 X High Speed USB 2.0 Ports

2 x High Speed USB 3.0 Ports

6 Channel HD Audio

4 X SATA II 3GB/s Ports

1 X PCI Express X16 Slot

1 X PCI Express x1 slots

1 X PCI Slot

2 X PS/2 Port (For Keyboard / Mouse)

1 X VGA Port

1 X Dvi Port

1 X Hdmi Port

I've seen these specs for a £205 computer, this is without the operating system or monitor.
Are these specifications good enough for what I stated above? If not, could someone explain why and what I should look for?
Source - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Fast-3-9-Dual-Core-8GB-1TB-Desktop-Home-Office-PC-Computer-USB-3-HD-ATI-C-/201564324171?hash=item2eee2b814b

manddy123

Admirable
IMO is always better to get yourself piece-by-piece of your PC. That way will not ending up having anything unnecessary nor low quality.
What's your total budget for this PC? We can build you one within that

Those specs are very outdated, you may play those games right now on medium-high, but definetly won't be able to play newer games or even more demanding games.

creativityliam

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Hey manddy123, thanks for stopping by to help.

Total budget should not go above $800, is what I'm hoping for, I currently have a unit which isn't built for gaming, so I have everything else I need that I can use with a new desktop.
Obviously, due to it being a new desktop I'd need to buy an operating system, I'm honestly wanting Windows 7. I've used Windows 8 before and absolutely hate the layout, and I've heard horror stories about Windows 10, jokes aside a lot of people don't like it, but I don't want to take the risk of using it and not liking it myself.

I'm hoping to build something that can run basic games, I'm not an advanced gamer in any way nor do I intend to in the future. In all honesty I'm wanting something that can run basic games, at good enough frame rates to make the game not only playable but enjoyable. I'm currently on a unit that struggles to stay at 30fps with everything on low settings playing a game called Minecraft.

If you could build something for me, I'd highly appreciate that. I'm wanting something that doesn't need to be upgraded within a few months, but preferably I'd absolutely love for it to be under $500, but $800 would be the limit.

Thank you so much in advance!

manddy123

Admirable
Keeping your Tower Case, PSU and HDD

I got this list, it's a little more than $500, but with it you wont have to worry about games at 1080p for a long long looong time.
Added W7 too,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($195.79 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($49.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($41.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card ($249.00 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full 32/64-bit ($129.99 @ My Choice Software)
Total: $665.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-21 19:44 EDT-0400

If you need to, we can go a little cheaper. But this is a very solid build and you won't have troubles or worries about future upgrades for a good amount of time

creativityliam

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Thanks for your speedy replies manddy123.

I've had a look around at building my own and it all seems fairly complicated and what not, so I'm looking for pre-built computers if possible.

Meanwhile making this post and replying I've been looking around for pre-built computers, the one I suggested you said the specifications were very outdated and may need replacing to play games in the future, but the one you suggested is a little overpowered for what I need and I'm wondering if we could find somethnig in the middle?

I've found a computer which is £500, my actual currency too, and this is something I wouldn't mind paying for as it includes a bundle with everything I need to setup and go. Could you please give me some information on this, i.e would it be a smart move to buy this, what could it achieve, or could you pursuade me that what I'm suggesting is completely rubbish and that I need to invest in something else? I'll state the specifications here and also the original link so you can check it out for me. I can't thank you enough for helping!

21.5" 60Hz 1920x1080 TN LED Monitor
CiT G Force Gaming Case - Black/Red
AMD A8 7650K Black Edition 3.30GHz (3.80GHz Turbo) Quad Core APU - AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2 Motherboard
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 (1 x 8GB) Memory
1TB SATA3 6Gbps Hard Drive
24x DVD / CD Re-Writer
500W Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
http://www.fiercepc.co.uk/ironwing-devil-bundle

manddy123

Admirable

Hmm, i understand, no problem at all ^^

Well, i've looked at that site you posted and there's only decent AMD CPUs, i am a little biased towards Intel as they make much better CPUs. But i don't know many sites in which you could buy a pre-built PC in your region, so i'm kinda lost.

Well, as you've stated that you don't wanna game at 60+ fps, i believe the one you got there would be still not really enough.
From that side, i'd suggest this one:
http://www.fiercepc.co.uk/ironwing-fiend

It's a bit better, it comes with SSD and 16GB RAM and a stronger CPU. It doesn't come with keyboards/monitor/etc.... tho, but i believe you already have those, you can still use them, no need to buy new. And, you'd be paying more for those flashy colorful PC pieces that works exactly like the ones you already have.

So, overall i'd suggest this option i posted, is better no doubt, not great and definetly not powerful. But that's what i could found within your buget in that website, it's really hard to find exactly what you want. But you shouldn't have trouble with it, it will work just fine for what you need, IMHO.

For CS gaming he would be fine with just RX460 card or if something more powerful the RX470. :p

creativityliam

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016

I'm not bias to either, purely based on the reason I know ah heck all about this whole thing. The only thing I'm worried about is building my own, I have zero knowledge and that is a pretty big factor for this whole thing, making sure it's already built for me.
For a little more detailed explanation, I play very basic games. I'd happily love games on medium settings that run fine, things like CS and Minecraft are literally all I want to play, I use a console to play anything else. Is there anyway, due to you being bias towards Intel, that there is a site out there or a company that allows you to customize parts and have it built?
If not, what price range would you suggest to look for a pre-built computer that will offer no issues when playing games like Minecraft, Counter Strike:GO on medium settings?
Sorry for being so picky and hard to work with, I just know very little.

manddy123

Admirable
Sure, you don't need to worry.

Searching, i found this site: https://www.computerplanet.co.uk/
It's a little bit pricey, but they do exactly what you asked for, build a pc for you than deliver it.

I got a £596 build there with these specs there:
Computer Case: Black ATX Tower Case
CPU: Intel i3 6100 - (2 x 3.7 GHZ) - Skylake
CPU Heatsink: Intel Heatsink & Fan - Low Noise
Memory: Corsair 8GB Vengeance LPX 2133MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR4)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti - 2 GB - (PCI-E)
Motherboard: ASUS H170-M (Intel H170) (M-ATX) - 2xUSB 3.0/2xUSB 2.0
Sound Card: Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Wired Networking: Motherboard Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W PSU - Low Noise
CPU Compound: Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink
Extra Case Fans: Standard Fans Included With Case
Hard Drive #1: 1 TB Seagate (1000 GB) SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 64MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)
Office Software: FREE - Microsoft Office 365 - 30 Day Trial
Security Software: FREE - Microsoft Windows Defender (10 Year License - 1 PC License)
Free Gift: FREE - Gaming Headphones (FREE FOR ALL ORDERS BEFORE 11:59PM ON 24/10/2016)
Power Cable: 1 x 1.8 Metre UK Mains Power Cable

If you follow the exact same specs, you should get the same price too.
It will be much better than the others, since this one got a proper Graphic Card and a Skylake intel.

Anyway, still, there you can create your own build too and they'll make it for you. So if you don't like something i chose, you can change it ^^

Hope it helps, friend. Feel free to ask anything else

Solution