Question Needing some assistance.

Aug 11, 2019
I recently purchased a Lenovo y50-70 gaming laptop from a guy online. When I got home it was reset ready to go I put my information in and went. 1 hour later hard drive failed.

Before going to open the computer laptop I noticed it has been opened before and the stock 512gb hard drive was not in there it was a 180gb hardrive.

My question is can I just get a new hard drive install windows and it be fine? Is the computer laptop causing the hard drives to fail? Will it happen with the new SSD?

Hard drives do inevitably fail without any help from the rest of the system ---- hard drives contains delicate moving parts so are subject to wear-and-tear, being dropped or jarred against something hard, etc. Even securely wiping or formatting it excessively can wear out the data platters prematurely.

A new drive should be fine, SSD will load Windows & apps much faster than HDD, but they are still expensive per megabyte compared to HDD.

Aug 11, 2019
Hard drives do inevitably fail without any help from the rest of the system ---- hard drives contains delicate moving parts so are subject to wear-and-tear, being dropped or jarred against something hard, etc. Even securely wiping or formatting it excessively can wear out the data platters prematurely.

A new drive should be fine, SSD will load Windows & apps much faster than HDD, but they are still expensive per megabyte compared to HDD.
It was a sad that failed.. idk I hope you’re right going to Best Buy buying a new ssd and a usb install of windows them usb sticks from Best Buy will be ok to use to install windows on a blank ssd right?