Needing Some Help

itsjamesyyyy

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Hey guys, new here, I have a ASUS M32-BF, Its has a AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics at 3.7 GHz, and 8GB of RAM, I am just wondering if there is anyway to improve my pc, I record a lot of gameplay from my Xbox One with an Elgato HD60 capture card, and I'm wanting to be able to have the best quality videos, and best processing time on the videos, and just over all multi tasking while its recording and processing, and I wanna be able to stream one day, hopefully I can with yalls help, Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.

Solution
With those upgrades you'll get the highest quality stream available to you with your machine, I'm not saying you're gonna be streaming 4k or anything but you should be able to achieve decent quality and be able to multitask with minimal issue, I do also suggest looking into an ssd eventually. the one I have in my pc is made by sk hynix is 500gb and is only around $125 and would greatly help running your streaming applications and your os from it.

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016

8gb is currently still fine for most gaming applications and 16gb of base speed ddr4 is still future proof for about the next two to three years. while adding an additional 8gb of ram may help the benefits would be negligible compared to doing one or both of the previous suggestions. however, if you do decide to go the route of adding ram make sure to purchase the same type of ram sticks already in the pc for assured compatibility.

itsjamesyyyy

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
So I couldnt change my processor, I saw that post up there but he is mentioning a different type of socket that I dont have, I think I have the FM2 or FM2+ socket, if upgrading my processor is even possible

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016

oh god lol... sorry it's almost 3:30 am and I am insomniated. your processor fits an fm2 socket http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113331 <- that's the best processor you can get for your socket. and yes you'll probably notice a difference also add in a lower tier gpu like maybe a 960 and you should be golden.

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
well you have a pcie 2.0 slot which even though it is a pcie 3.0 card they are backwards compatible so you could get a gtx 960 about $170 on newegg or you could go with the suggested cards (low end)

AMD® Radeon R5 235X 1GB
AMD® Radeon R7 240 2GB
AMD® Radeon R9 255 2GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GT620 1GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GT710 1GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GT720 2GB

listed on the info page from ASUS about that pc ranging from $60 to maybe $80
the only problem after upgrading the cpu and then getting a low mid range gpu like the 960 and additional ram is now you're looking at possible issues with the power supply and possibly needing to upgrade that as well to be able to power your machine and possibly needing some additional cooling on the inside whether it be an extra exhaust or intake fan or one of each.

itsjamesyyyy

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Okay, I planned on buying the ram now, because its the easiest and I can do it before doing all of those things, so with that processor, one of those card, and 16GB of ram I should be able to record and stream pretty high quality with no issues, assuming I have the power supply and cooling?

KiL3MaNjAr0W

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
With those upgrades you'll get the highest quality stream available to you with your machine, I'm not saying you're gonna be streaming 4k or anything but you should be able to achieve decent quality and be able to multitask with minimal issue, I do also suggest looking into an ssd eventually. the one I have in my pc is made by sk hynix is 500gb and is only around $125 and would greatly help running your streaming applications and your os from it.

Solution

itsjamesyyyy

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
I think 1080p will be the highest I go lol, and alright, one last thing, I RAM cards on crucials website, and I was looking at the 16GB kit 8x2 and its called the Crucial Ballistic Sport, would that be fine how my pc sits now or ?