Needs driver to be installed

Solution

Worst case scenario, if you have completed all of the steps, you may have incompatible hardware on your computer.

If you are getting this message, try making sure that the cpu, gpu, ram and motherboard are compatible hardware(correct bus types, ram timings, chipset types).

It is very unusual for windows to throw this error, unless what I mentioned above occurred, or, one or more of your computer components have gone bad.

Good luck!

Likespieman007

Honorable
Jul 10, 2014
Your question is very vague. Anyhow, the first thing id try is look up the drivers for your specific product, download them, and follow the install wizard to install them. This should be the same for any driver :p

jmxrux

Reputable
May 16, 2015
Ok, so once my Windows 7 boots up to installation, I can either click install now or click the two options below it. I clicked "Install Now". I was greeted with a box stating...

I can type out the whole box If you like:

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk,CD,DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

Likespieman007

Honorable
Jul 10, 2014

Can you please tell us what you are trying to update? It will be much easier for people to help you :p

jmxrux

Reputable
May 16, 2015
Alright let me start all over. I got my new pc components (motherboard,cpu,and ram sticks because I moved from AMD Fm2 to i3 Lga 1151 motherboard) and replaced it with my old components. When I booted it up, I was given a blue screen loop with an error of STOP 0x000007b. After looking around for solutions, I found that reinstalling windows would be the best idea. So now, I'm reinstalling Windows 7 with a USB drive and I'm getting the message above.

Likespieman007

Honorable
Jul 10, 2014

Seems like a weird issue.

Firstly, make sure that the stick of windows nothing but a clean and Microsoft certified version of windows on it.

Secondly, make sure that the drives you are installing windows on are completely reformatted(wiped that is), in order to avoid any conflicts with past driver installs.

jmxrux

Reputable
May 16, 2015
1) What do you mean by a clean microsoft certified version of windows?

2) If you mean by using the command prompt to reformat, then I have done it. But it doesnt work

Likespieman007

Honorable
Jul 10, 2014

When I mean certified version of windows, make sure that the copy of windows you are installing on to your computer is not from some arbitrary site. Get it from the windows store, or, you can get a certified microsoft iso for free. You can search on youtube how to make a microsoft windows 10 bootable usb.

Secondly, make sure that the usb you are using has nothing but that copy of windows on it. Also, make sure that the drive you are installing on it has nothing there as well.

And one last thing, try searching up the error code STOP 0x000007b to see what the issue is. Im sure there are many others with your problem, and maybe you can learn a thing or two from them.

Hope this helps :)

Likespieman007

Honorable
Jul 10, 2014

Worst case scenario, if you have completed all of the steps, you may have incompatible hardware on your computer.

If you are getting this message, try making sure that the cpu, gpu, ram and motherboard are compatible hardware(correct bus types, ram timings, chipset types).

It is very unusual for windows to throw this error, unless what I mentioned above occurred, or, one or more of your computer components have gone bad.

Good luck!

Solution

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016
If your USB drive is USB 3.0 that might be the issue. Windows 7 installation files do not have USB 3.0 drivers so that might be why it is asking you for a driver. If you have a USB 2.0 drive try that, or if not try plugging your USB drive into A USB 2.0 port and see what happens.