.NET Framework 3.5 doesn't install WIndows 10

DuPaCa

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
When I buy games on Steam, and I run them for the first time, Steam installs some programs like DirectX etc. However when it tries to install .NET Framework 3.5 I click install and it appears to be installing but then it says that the program can't be installed an it gives me the error code 0x800F0922.
I have tried enabling it in control panel, downloading it through CMD and using the Windows NET Framework repair tool. None of them are working.

DuPaCa

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
Yes I am running Windows 10. Downloading it from the website doesn't work and the control panel and cmd methods provided in the link don't work either. I get the same error report with the download from MS as in the control panel. In the CMD it says "DISM failed. No operation was performed"

NeoSpudly

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015
i don't remember why i had to install it, but when i tried installing the .net 3.5 on my win 10 machine, it would not install and gave me a message that a newer or built in version was already present. i can't remember what prompted to me to try and install it though.

DuPaCa

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
Thats the thing thats annoying me. I already have .NET Framework 4.6, however some games just don't run if I can't enable 3.5. Even if I try disabling the 4.6 version and then enabling the 3.5 version, I still get the error.

DuPaCa

Reputable
Jul 26, 2014
I'm sorry I've been gone a couple of days. Whe I try to uninstall 3.5 it just simply isn't there. I can see versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 4.0. When I follow the solution given in the link I can't seem to find a COMPONENTS tab under my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.