net user /times?

win2k Pro.
I want to have user "user" be able to log on locally on a
stand alone PC at home at specified times.
monday-Sunday,8am-5:pm

I used the net user command this way.
net user user /times:monday-sunday,8am-5pm

After user logged off at 5, he was still able to log in at
5:5 pm. Why so? I dont have a domain, its a stand alone
single machine.

Hmm. The syntax is correct. Check the computer clock and use "net user username" to
see if it reports the allowed logon time as you expect. --- Steve

"Poonam Desai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> win2k Pro.
> I want to have user "user" be able to log on locally on a
> stand alone PC at home at specified times.
> monday-Sunday,8am-5:pm
>
> I used the net user command this way.
> net user user /times:monday-sunday,8am-5pm
>
> After user logged off at 5, he was still able to log in at
> 5:5 pm. Why so? I dont have a domain, its a stand alone
> single machine.

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:25:28 GMT, "Steven L Umbach"
<n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> wrote:

>Hmm. The syntax is correct. Check the computer clock and use "net user username" to
>see if it reports the allowed logon time as you expect. --- Steve
>
>"Poonam Desai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> win2k Pro.
>> I want to have user "user" be able to log on locally on a
>> stand alone PC at home at specified times.
>> monday-Sunday,8am-5:pm
>>
>> I used the net user command this way.
>> net user user /times:monday-sunday,8am-5pm
>>
>> After user logged off at 5, he was still able to log in at
>> 5:5 pm. Why so? I dont have a domain, its a stand alone
>> single machine.

net user user /times:monday-sunday;8am-5pm

Semicolon, NOT comma.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:59:40 -0700, "Poonam Desai"

>win2k Pro.
>I want to have user "user" be able to log on locally on a
>stand alone PC at home at specified times.
>monday-Sunday,8am-5:pm
>
>I used the net user command this way.
>net user user /times:monday-sunday,8am-5pm
>
>After user logged off at 5, he was still able to log in at
>5:5 pm. Why so? I dont have a domain, its a stand alone
>single machine.

semicolon, not comma

net user user /times:monday-sunday;8am-5pm

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Semicolon wont even let me complete command successfully.
gives error and says invalid date specified.
I typed this.
net user user /times:monday-sunday;8am-5pm

and hit enter. It says invalid day range has been
supplied. I changed the ; with a commma and it says
command completed successfully. I type net user user and
it would give all details saying times allowed monday to
sunday, 8 am to 5 pm, ALL FINE. But user will still be
able to log in at 5:05 on system clock. He will be able to
log in and log off til 5:29 PM. Once its 5:31 PM on system
clock, he wont be able to log in.
I am using win 2k pro with SP 4 and machine is updated.

Thanks Jerold! Missed that one. -- Steve

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 02:25:28 GMT, "Steven L Umbach"
> <n9rou@n0-spam-for-me-comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Hmm. The syntax is correct. Check the computer clock and use "net user username"
> >see if it reports the allowed logon time as you expect. --- Steve
> >
> >"Poonam Desai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> win2k Pro.
> >> I want to have user "user" be able to log on locally on a
> >> stand alone PC at home at specified times.
> >> monday-Sunday,8am-5:pm
> >>
> >> I used the net user command this way.
> >> net user user /times:monday-sunday,8am-5pm
> >>
> >> After user logged off at 5, he was still able to log in at
> >> 5:5 pm. Why so? I dont have a domain, its a stand alone
> >> single machine.
> >

> net user user /times:monday-sunday;8am-5pm
>
> Semicolon, NOT comma.
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows: General MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

Poonam

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004

Umm, ok thanks i would try using ; instead of a comma. I
was using comma and it would let me log in unles after
exactly 30 minutes!! If i set 3 AM to 4 AM. It would let
me log in at 4:29 AM but not at 4:31 AM..
weird...