Question Netflix sound delay and YouTube stutters only over HDMI with TV.

Apr 9, 2019
Hi All,

Laptop over HDMI to a mid 10's Samsung 1080P TV. Using Xbox one cable that has been working 100% fine previously, plugged into HDMI(DVI) not standard "HDMI".
Has a 1060 GPU and I7 7700HQ. No resourcing issues.
Latest Nvidia driver and windows updates.
Laptop screen set to "Do nothing when lid closed" and the screen is off with lid closed.
TV is primary/duplicated display.

This is the first time with this laptop in 2 years I have sued it with an external display so I cannot suggest if this has happened before.
Was watching The Punisher on Netflix two nights ago and I noticed my audio was about 1/2 a second out at least. I am sure the audio was behind the video. Video seemed smooth, just constantly delayed. Last night watched it again and I did not notice much of a delay but the audio was not 100%.

Second issue was on YouTube where I would get a horrible stutter in the theater or normal mode with HD turned on, the video will go still for 1 second and audio continue, happened every 10-20 seconds.

I tested by putting my laptop next to the TV and playing a video side by side duplicating my screen and the laptop plays 100% flawlessly while the TV is stuttering. My own theory is that the HDMI port is part of the Nvidia GPU and that when I am doing low resource tasks like video streaming etc it uses the Intel GPU and has some issue translating that back to the TV through the GPU??

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Apr 9, 2019
Just updated my Intel GPU drivers as they were over a year old. No difference has been made.
Reading Nvidia forums it seems to be related back to the intel gpu and nvidia one talking to each other.