Netflix Streaming Improves for AT&T, Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatharian

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
And this is fresh news just after AT&T says that 4 mbps should remain definition of broadband. By this, they're offering dial-up, marketed as broadband in the price of fiber with golden-plated modem. Way to go! Go, go go, 'murica!

Perfect example of mafia-style of conducting business:

-"you pay more, or we'll cut you up!"
-"I don't wanna pay more!"
-"you pay more, or we'll cut you up!"
-"...mkay..."

Netflix should just change their bill. Instead of their fixed monthly rate, it should list a monthly rate + ISP-mandated surcharge. If the ISPs complain, just point out that it's completely unfair to amortize the access fee they're demanding over Netflix customers who don't use them as an ISP.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I've never had issues with Netflix and FiOS, not since I started using it a couple of years ago. They just gave us a free upgrade so my 50/25 (mbps) service is now 50/50. I tested it and got 56/57 down/up. Competition is great.

And this is fresh news just after AT&T says that 4 mbps should remain definition of broadband. By this, they're offering dial-up, marketed as broadband in the price of fiber with golden-plated modem. Way to go! Go, go go, 'murica!

Find me dial-up capable of 4mbps. :p

Anyway, their DSL is cheaper than fiber... it's not a bargain for what you get, but it certainly is cheaper, and for some people it's your only option for decent somewhat low-latency internet. Better for gaming than satellite or dial-up, and no data caps like satellite for streaming. If you can get decent cable or FiOS, well those are better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.