[SOLVED] Netgear and Spectrum incompatible?

myattsnider

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I recently purchased a Netgear Cm1000 and a R7000p. I had spectrum come out to test the connection and they couldn't get it to work. The modem was working, because the spectrum tech connected a spectrum router to and and the wifi worked just fine. It was just my own router that had issues. I would either get a "no internet" message on my phone, and be able to load web pages, or it would say connected, but I couldn't load anything.

Spectrum tried to change things on their end and it would only ever result in those two occurrences. The tech tried resetting the modem a few times and that didn't help.

Pls help. I'm down 100mb/s from what I'm paying for.

Solution
Routers don't care what ISP you are with, they will handle the data the same way from the modem,

It sounds like you either got a faulty router, or you need to run through the router setup again. Most routers have quick start configuration wizards to guide you through it.
Routers don't care what ISP you are with, they will handle the data the same way from the modem,

It sounds like you either got a faulty router, or you need to run through the router setup again. Most routers have quick start configuration wizards to guide you through it.

Last edited:
Solution
If it works plugged directly into the modem then the modem is fine it is just the router that has issues.

You also need to plug directly into your router to see if it is only wifi that is the problem or if ethernet is affected also.

Since another router works correctly it points to a faulty router. I would factory reset the router and set up only the very baisc stuff like the admin and wifi passwords. Leave everything else default to start with.

If it is a new router it should still be under warranty

TRENDING THREADS