Netgear Intros Backup Server, Router Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Interesting. Hope THG will do some testing/reviews of this and similar router options.

Not that I care, but apparently iPhones/iPads can not take advantage of the DLNA feature as Apple is not a member?

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
well yeah apple doesn't allow that kind of stuff. they only want you to connect to other apple devices.

It is called the iCrap swindle.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]well yeah apple doesn't allow that kind of stuff. they only want you to connect to other apple devices.It is called the iCrap swindle.[/citation]

LOL!

2008 1TB Time Capsule still running, backing up my MB Air, and PC... Did a clean and restore 3 months ago, no hitch. Apple FTW

xoxo The iSheep :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]LOL!2008 1TB Time Capsule still running, backing up my MB Air, and PC... Did a clean and restore 3 months ago, no hitch. Apple FTWxoxo The iSheep[/citation]

So what?
You don't seem to get it; most Apple 'haters' do not hate the Apple products. They may be a bit behind the curve but make up for it in slick designs; also iPhones are a bit to brick like for my taste.

The problem with Apple is the corporate attitude, the way they fudge over their customers, the everything is custom hardware when a standard cable would do; and of course abusing the legal system to get rid of the competition.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]So what?You don't seem to get it; most Apple 'haters' do not hate the Apple products. They may be a bit behind the curve but make up for it in slick designs; also iPhones are a bit to brick like for my taste.The problem with Apple is the corporate attitude, the way they fudge over their customers, the everything is custom hardware when a standard cable would do; and of course abusing the legal system to get rid of the competition.[/citation]

Hating Apple has nothing to do with this article or product (Save that it's competing with the TC).

"So what?" is that the first three comments have nothing to do with the product and bash Apple, instead of asking about a review (which I thumbed up)...

I just posted that what you call crap is working for the last (nearly 5 years) with both my PC and my Mac...

So what really you're trying to tell me is that you don't want anyone to speak their mind if they disagree with you.

It's kinda ridiculous

xoxo The iSheep :)
From my Nexus 7

sigvardg

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Lol it's funny how every discussion turns into an Apple fiasco every when it's Android related! I'm gonna stick to the topic and recommend an alternative; I personally use an App called G Cloud Android on my Samsung G S3 and have all my pics/vids/ contacts and Sms along other stuff I dnt knw the exact details but it has saved my life more than once so yup that would be my recommendation for all you Android users or Apple switchers ;) Cheers

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
It looks like a cool product. I would be more interested if it had a way to use mutiple drives in a RAID setup. The article says you can add external HD's, but I doubt you could use it in a RAID 1 or 5 setup.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

I use Dropbox, I did a bunch of "referrals" and got over 20 gigs free. It automatically backs up pictures and video from my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.