Netgear WRE54G Range Expander Reset Needed

Valleyma

Reputable
May 10, 2015
When my Netgear WRE54G Range Expander (and the rest of the house) lost power, the network name for the WRE54G changed from Home_EXT to Home-98B2_EXT. I have two routers, one a Netgear N600 (end of life cycle) and the other a Comcast router, Cisco Model DCP3941 which was installed about 3 weeks ago. The N600 is plugged into Port 1 of the Cisco router.

The new network broadcasting is Home-98B2_EXT and I think it may be what the CISCO router is broadcasting in place of the Netgear N600 Home_EXT. I tried unsuccessfully to use the password for the original network and the range extender is broadcasting the new network but I do not have the password. How do I get the Range Extender to respond to the Cisco using the WPS automatically or how to do it manually; i.e., how can I access the new network being broadcast. Thanks.

Valleyma

Reputable
May 10, 2015
I resolved the issue by simply stopping the broadcast of the Cisco networks and then pressing the WPS button on the Netgear WRE54G Range Expander and then on the N600, pressing the WPS button and BINGO!, it worked without having to enter anything manually.

GREAT!!