Netgear WRN1000r connection issue

MohtasaUnique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
I have a netgear WRN1000r wireless router issued by Comcast. I have it plugged into my modem, which is plugged into a cable from my wall. The lights on the modem indicate perfect connectivity, and when I connect my computer with an ethernet cord, I have connection. My router shows a solid green power light, a solid green WPA secured light, a blinking blue antenna/wireless light, and a blue-blinking-green "i" internet light. The computer I'm trying to connect is a ASUS windows 7 laptop, and additionally I've tried both my iPhone and xbox 360 with the same issue. When I connect the router to my modem with an ethernet, and the router to my computer also with an ethernet, I get connectivity.

It's when I try to connect wirelessly with multiple devices listed above that I run into my issue. All devices recognize the signal with full bars. When I choose to connect, it asks for the password, which I provide (and have triple checked to ensure it's the right password). Then it attempts to connect to the internet, but never does, and just says "Windows was unable to connect to White" (White being the name of my router).

I've tried resetting the modem, router, and device in all possible orders; I've tried logging into routerlogin.com and 192.168.1.1 (which only shows up when I'm connected via ethernet to my router), and attempted to use the setup wizard; and I've tried disabling firewalls, the WPA web pass, and anything that might get in the way.

Still no connection.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting I can try? I really don't want to pay Comcast 60 dollars to come take a look themselves.