Network adapter connection issue

Jun 28, 2018
My computer is connected to the Linksys12637 when I check in the change adapter page. My coworker though is Linksys12637 5GHZ when he plugs in his ethernet cable, and both of our wifi are disabled. We are both also in the same Workgroup. When I check arp-a, his ip address is not showing up and I am unable to ping his ip address. How can I get him to connect to the Linksys12637?

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
You guys are on the same Linksys router but getting different IP's or different settings? Sounds like certain ports are configured different on the router. Maybe VLAN's have been configured on the ports? Only thing I can think of that would cause something like that. What happens when you plug in your computer to the port he is getting that 5Ghz value and vice versa? Do you get those values on your machine? Good Luck!

Jun 28, 2018
It is the same Router. The weird thing is that his ip address is 192.168.1.192 on that connection, but when i check the arp -a on my computer, there is a 192.168.1.193 value in the list of ip addresses, but i do not see his ip address since his connection is showing the 5GHZ. The only thing I can think of is that his port was somehow configured to that band since he said that it used to connect to the same one that my computer is.