Question Network Bridge Error/Unidentified Network

Aug 22, 2019
Hi there,

About a year ago my PS4 decided it no longer wanted to connect to my WiFi due to a 'weak signal' after years of working fine (and everything else continuing to work fine too).

Unsure on what to do, I looked it up on here and was told I could connect my WiFi from PC to my PS4 via an ethernet cable . I set up a network bridge and sure enough, everything worked flawlessy. Plug and play!

A couple weeks back I dusted off the PS4 given some extra free time. Everything has been great during that time, but once more it's refusing to connect to WiFi again. No problem, I'll just bridge the connection again!

Unfortunately, now I'm encountering issues with that despite doing exactly the same thing as last time.

The first issue is, upon bridging, I get "An unexpected error occurred while configuring the Network Bridge."

Then I'm left with an unidentified network bridge and no normal WiFi left on my PC until removing the bridge.

So far I've tried resetting the router, reinstalling all LAN/WLAN drivers, and the usual ipconfig commands.

Any help in the right direction to being able to bridge my connection to my PS4 would be greatly appreciated.

Note, due to my living circumstances there is no way I can just hook up to the router.

Thanks,

Xiler.