[SOLVED] Network Cable is unplugged Error

myhobby7

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,
Internet is not working on my desktop computer. I have checked the network cable on my laptop and it is working fine. I have also checked my internet port using command prompt but pings are fine.

I even tried to change the duplex setting and used command prompt to reset the adapter.

But the error message is stil same that network cable is unplugged or broken.

Please help

Solution
Any specific error messages or pop-up Windows?

Windows 10? Run the built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Try another known working ethernet cable.

Even though the existing cable works on the laptop there may still be some physical mismatch between the cable plug and desktop's LAN port.

What is the desktop computer being plugged into: e.g., ethernet wall outlet, a switch, Access Point, or direct to router?

Try another router port and then other connection paths to the router.

Who has full admin rights to the router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some additional information. Make and model router?

Run "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt and post the results.

Ralston18

Titan
Any specific error messages or pop-up Windows?

Windows 10? Run the built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Try another known working ethernet cable.

Even though the existing cable works on the laptop there may still be some physical mismatch between the cable plug and desktop's LAN port.

What is the desktop computer being plugged into: e.g., ethernet wall outlet, a switch, Access Point, or direct to router?

Try another router port and then other connection paths to the router.

Who has full admin rights to the router? The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some additional information. Make and model router?

Run "ipconfig /all" via the command prompt and post the results.

Solution