superflybribri

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2005
Hello,
I am new to this message board and I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that I was having. I recently bought a brand new motherboard, CPU, RAM chips, and case. I installed the new AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ chip into my motherboard with the latest BIOS 1014 update. I reinstalled Windows XP Professional so that it would recognize both cores on the processor and did everything fresh and clean. Now I have been having problems with the network card that is on the A8V Deluxe motherboard. What happens is that every once and a while when it seems like it is pushing high bandwith from downloading the entire network connections dies. I thought that it might be a driver problem so I used the latest from the website (Marvel Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Version 8.39.3.3 Driver) with no help from that I have continued using it with problems only when I try to download something. It starts working fine for some time and then it just dies. If I restart the computer then the problem just dissappears and it is all back to normal except until I try to download again. This applies both to my internet connection and my local network connection. I am connected to the internet through LAN at my school. We run off a T3 connection and I have tried just sending files over direct connect with my friends and it kills it too. Does anyone have any reasons why this might be and possible suggestions for me on how to solve it? I would appriciate any help that I can get.

Thank You,
Brian