Apr 1, 2021
Good morning, I hope you can help me.
I recently bought a network card for my computer. I installed on Pci 1x normally and turned on my computer. I don't have a CD / DVD player on the PC, so I had to download the driver from the website.
The network card is Tp-Link TG-3468 version 4.0. When my computer turned on, the internet didn't connect. In the device manager, it looks like this: realtek pcie gbe family controller.
I tried to install the driver manually, but the name of the card remained realtek pcie gbe family controller. I have already looked at some Forums and even went to the BIOS and turned off the Onboard Lan, but nothing has changed.
From what I saw the name in device manager was supposed to be tp-link and not realtek.
My motherboard is an MSI Gaming and my computer must be 8-10 years old, but it is my little boy and very good. Sometimes I see that a green light flashes, which leads me to believe that I installed it correctly on the motherboard.
I very much hope that you help me, I trust that there are very good people here. Sorry for the english, I'm brazilian.

Solution
Then,

If some time has passed since I bought another network card to test, and it didn't work

I no longer know what it can be, because 2 different network cards and different brands did not work.

I disabled LAN ONBOARD in the BIOS and reset the network adapter settings to do a clean installation.

It just doesn't connect. I have a usb wifi for emergency and it works perfectly, the only problem is that it is very bad for games.

I also tried to change the pcie. it was in a 1x and I put it in a 16x, in addition to not working too, my computer no longer started the BIOS, going straight to the system (I have no idea why it happened). I read that the network adapter has to be placed in at least 2x pci but I don't know if it is true...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you working with on said motherboard? What OS version are yo currently on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? What other devices are populating your remaining PCIe slots on the motherboard?

Did you uninstall your previous networking adapter's driver? Did you source drivers for the adapter from here;
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tg-3468/#Driver

if so, did you install the driver in an elevated command, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Apr 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your motherboard? What BIOS version are you working with on said motherboard? What OS version are yo currently on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? What other devices are populating your remaining PCIe slots on the motherboard?

Did you uninstall your previous networking adapter's driver? Did you source drivers for the adapter from here;
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tg-3468/#Driver

if so, did you install the driver in an elevated command, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Thanks for the answer, I am at work now, as soon as I get home I will see these questions and post them here. xD

Apr 1, 2021
Hello,

Motherboard: MSI p/ Intel Z97-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Box
I installed the installer Live Update 6 and updated the drivers and bios right there, everything is up to date
I have the original Windows 10 PRO with windows update updates
I have two GTX Geforce 1080 ftw in SLI, basically just that is occupying the PCIe slots. I believe your question referred to that
I downloaded the latest driver from the official website for my network card. I went to the BIOS and deactivated the onboard LAN and it still didn't work, the drivers are up to date and nothing happens, it just doesn't seem to have a cable connected, but the cable is working. And lastly I formatted my computer, did a clean format and it still doesn't work.
And as for your last question, I didn't ask as an administrator, because I didn't think how you do that. I have a single user who is an administrator on the PC, so I thought it was not necessary.

Thank you for trying to help me.

Apr 1, 2021
Then,

If some time has passed since I bought another network card to test, and it didn't work

I no longer know what it can be, because 2 different network cards and different brands did not work.

I disabled LAN ONBOARD in the BIOS and reset the network adapter settings to do a clean installation.

It just doesn't connect. I have a usb wifi for emergency and it works perfectly, the only problem is that it is very bad for games.

I also tried to change the pcie. it was in a 1x and I put it in a 16x, in addition to not working too, my computer no longer started the BIOS, going straight to the system (I have no idea why it happened). I read that the network adapter has to be placed in at least 2x pci but I don't know if it is true, but my computer only has 4 1x and 4 16x.

The situation is * my partner, I haven't played for a while now, it seems that I am so angry because of this PMS. I don't understand much but I feel like it's some configuration, or whatever, something burned on the motherboard.

I have a msi gaming z97 gd65 card

Thanks for all the help

Then,

I also tried to change the pcie. it was in a 1x and I put it in a 16x, in addition to not working too, my computer no longer started the BIOS, going straight to the system (I have no idea why it happened). I read that the network adapter has to be placed in at least 2x pci but I don't know if it is true, but my computer only has 4 1x and 4 16x.

The situation is * my partner, I haven't played for a while now, it seems that I am so angry because of this PMS. I don't understand much but I feel like it's some configuration, or whatever, something burned on the motherboard.

I have a msi gaming z97 gd65 card

Thanks for all the help

The realtek you are seeing is the onboard network card. Seems for some reason the external cards are not recognized by your motherboard or they would show up in device manager. Go to device manager and check for any devices with an error state, and also check off show hidden devices in the options, see if the network card shows there.

Solution