Network download speed capped at 1mb/s

vladde

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Hello guys,

I've just downloaded a torrent with a speed of 8.6-9 MB/s. After this, I've started another download just to see that the speed won't get past 1.1 MB/s. I thought it was the tracker or the numbers of peers so I've tried to download the first torrent again. The speed was also capped at 1.1 MB/s.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have seen that there are numerous other posts about this but I couldn't find a fix in any of them.

UPDATE: I finy it highly unusual that the WiFi download speed and Ethernet download speed ar the same. Both capped at 1.1mb/s.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

ISPs have been known to throttle users internet speeds, and i presume since you're downloading multiple torrents you use a lot of bandwith. Not a definitive answer but it is a possibility. Also Torrents aren't always going to have good download speeds due to them relying on other seeders, you should be happy with getting atleast 1MB/s.

vladde

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

Thank you for your quick answer.

I download torrents one at a time.
About the seeders, shouldn't my download speed be the same for the first torrent the second time?

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

I didn't mean multiple at a time, i mean multiple over a short period of time e.g. each month and nope, if some seeders dropped out/ more leeches joined in that would change it. if you want to get reliable downloads use a 'proper' download host e.g. for games use Steam. Torrents are peer to peer so you rely on other users.

TRENDING THREADS