Network problems

Tazzy

I installed win xp home on my other pc at home. On that PC, windows 98 was
installed. I installed XP home over that. I need to activate it, but my
network does not want to work. I can only activate it through the network as
my other pc connects to the internet. My other PC also has XP home on it.

How do I get my nework to work. Its only these 2 pc's at my home that's on
the network. I have done the Network Troubelshooting, but I dont see anything
wrong with my network according to that. Could anyone please give me
something to work on. It is really urgent that I sort this out, otherwise my
activation is going to expire.

Thankyou
Tazzy

you don't say what your network consists of
you have a router ?
If not add/remove windows components,
networking, add the Internet gateway on the pc that connects to the
internet.