Question Network share not possible with Nvidia Shield player and PC running Windows 11 ?

lckeed

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Hey guys, I've been an early adopter of the Nvidia Shield media player when it came out and I've always been very satisfied. I just changed my desktop to a new Alienware desktop with Core i9-10900K @ 3.70GHz, 32go ram and RTX 3090 graphics. I'm currently running Windows 11. My shield is hardwired to my home network, same for my PC.

For the life of me, I can't get my shield to see my shared folders and hard drive on the PC... It worked great with my previous PC running Win8. I've done all the tweaks and mods I could find online that should resolve this issue but it still doesn't work. When I activated Windows Media Player sharing, I got to see files trought UPNP which I don't use, but still no hard drive visible...

Any help is welcomed! Thanks

lckeed

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Anyone has any suggestions? I'm still trying to find a solution. I haven't been able to use my shield with VLC or Kodi for well over 6 months now. Shield doesn't seem to properly detect my PC and external hard drive.