Neverwinter MMO Beta and Founder's Pack Details Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Neverwinter looks like it might be ok, especially since it's launching as F2P. Cryptic may have screwed up launching STO as P2P, but STO was good enough at launch for a F2P MMO, and I suspect Neverwinter will be as well. Cryptic seems to be pretty good with their F2P model, there's nothing too gamechanging that you can buy with Microtransactions, though I do think they overcharge for certain things, but at least you can earn in-game currency that you can trade for currency for the Cryptic Store. I'll definitely give it a try, though I doubt I'll be buying any of these founders packs.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]I'm sooooo tired of the Forgotten Realms...[/citation]

Good for you, I'm not, gimme moar of it. Too bad that 4th edition threw it into chaos and killed off most major characters and destroyed the best cities of the North.

Yeah... Forgotten Reals MMO might be fun, but it'd be great to have a single player/LAN-capable NWN3 instead. With modern graphics and other bells and whistles.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Can somebody correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't never winter nights one of the games that posted you could create your own campaign have your friends play through it and dungeon master it, or is that dungeon siege?

When these games came out I didn't have a computer capable of playing it and I think in some cases a computer at all.

G

First of all, the drow race is already free at launch, you don't have to pay for it...the Drizzt part is something separate that is a distinction in your Drow's background. Secondly, the $20 Founder option does not grant access to the beta weekends.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
STO from Cryptic is the only MMO I've continued to play after beating the main storyline/maxed my level. I've tried TOR and Rift, and honestly had no interest in continuing either after hitting 50. The former, I made several other characters to level 50 (they each have voice-acted, scripted storylines, probably why it cost so freaking much), but after completing those, I havent logged on in months.

I honestly didnt give a damn about what little story there was in Rift. Beautiful Artwork though.

The storyline for STO starts out interesting, but near the end "Undine Advance", it really gets shoddy story-wise. The main appeal it has is the AWESOME space combat, which TOR's lame space missions cannot come close to matching, and ground-based combat like Rift bores me.

STO certainly isnt perfect---1. ground missions/battles are awful mechanically, but like I said, the typical MMO ground mission in general doesnt appeal to me.

2. The graphics can be awful at times, even running in the beta DX11 mode.

3. Servers can be a bit iffy at times

G

Personally, I am tired of the Forgotten Realms series of games. Would rather see a D&D game based in the Dragonlance world as there hasn't been one since The Dark Queen of Krynn back in 1992 by SSI.

G

Seriously, I wouldnt play any Titles from "Perfect World Entertainmend" before I checked out a Facebook created page called "Neverwinter Alert". By the way, goto Perfect World Entertainment's official Facebook page. HOW ARE PEOPLE COMMENTING ON THE GAME EVERY MINUTE WITH THE COMMENTS TURNED OFF?? Because everyone commenting are employee's, sponsored players, or affiliates of Perfect World. All the excitement for the game is fake, it is being generated by Perfect Worlds Army of sponsored/affiliated players.

yoonyoungjo

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
WARNING: The "Founders Pack" is a giant target/mass filter so Perfect World's sponsored players will know who to target. The company engages in very well hidden consumer fraud and deploys an army of sponsored players to cheat US consumers. Goto Facebook created page "Neverwinter Alert" for more detailed information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS