Neverwinter Online RPG Heading To PC in 2011

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]ir was upto 64 people , i know i still play nwn 2 ,and used to palky nwn 1 , however i would like to say , in many respects nwn 1 and 2 were always different than MMO's ., perhaps it was the fact that all the servers were made by players using the toolsets , all i know is i would try an MMOand freaking hate it (even hated ddo and it was free), yet i never got tired of nwn 1 and 2. as for this game, i'm not sure about it , i sort of hate 4th ed dnd products espcially one based of the new compeltely screwed up version of fearaun (forrgotten realms) not sure i'm that into a product that is based off WoTC's stupid retconing and world changing. 4th ed for the first tiem bassically destroyed the dnd worlds to amke them fit into the new rules , soemthign that was never done in teh past usually the world setting would change the rules , which made every world unique. well not any more FR , ebberron , all seems so cookie cutter to me now ,in pen adn paper dnd as well as the pc games.[/citation]
4th edition is terrible. I've switched to Pathfinder and haven't looked back.

I won't touch this if its based on 4th edition rules (and its looking to be a 4th edition game). Those rules are so radically different from D&D they had to create a fictional "disaster" to completely rearrange the most common game world "Forgotten Realms" in order for them to even fit in any story line. Its not even D&D anymore, its just a quick hack & slash with all elements of character development removed.

I'll stick with DDO + NWN2 for the time being, plenty of custom created content available for NWN2 for years to come. You can even setup your own server and host for all your friends to join for various campaigns and adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.