New ‘Best PC Build’ Competition Now Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
When they say "Best PC Build", are they saying best gaming or productivity build? or Best well rounded build in each price category?

Well, we're starting in Q3, but it will be Q4 when this is over. Time to start examining the possibilities.

Ugh! GPUs are still feeling the bite of the mining operations grabbing everything in sight.

(When will the interface between article web page and forum finally be fixed?)

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Please read the rules for each budget category. I have placed links for each budget category in the original announcement article, linked here.

Any builds out of budget will be disqualified.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

This is a good question. I was under the assumption that ITX motherboards now come with WiFi standard.

They mostly do but I see a few that don't have it built in or at the least the only have an empty PCI slot but no actual WiFi card installed. Price difference is small like $10.

ibjeepr

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2012
What are you supposed to due if PCPartsPicker's price doesn't match what Newegg or Amazon shows?
Are you allowed to edit your submission up until Sept. 14?

They allowed editing. They allowed tossing out of a previous entry in a category for a new entry last time... AFAIK, if it is ran like last time, as long as you keep it to a single entry as of the cut-off date and time, you're good.

_Johnny5, feel free to correct me on that.

lp231

Splendid
Can we have the voting poll directly in the voting thread just like the old days, instead of using survey monkey. That thing sucks, can't even see the final results of who got the most votes.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

This is correct.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

The Survey Monkey voting poll is far more robust than the one built into this forum. I will make sure to post the final results for each category.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Given this small price difference, I'm not going to make wifi an hard and fast rule. Builds not including wifi will be at a disadvantage.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

You can edit your build up until the final posting date.

I'm going to quote myself here
Ugh! GPUs are still feeling the bite of the mining operations grabbing everything in sight.
(no "self plagiarism" now... (I can't believe there is such a thing. Sheesh!))

With what I said before, and now have repeated (in a quote)... How will this be handled?

We have so many cards that are effected by this plague that we are suffering from Here now, gone tomorrow or reasonable now, scalped/gouged pricing tomorrow.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

It is both an exciting and challenging time to be a PC builder. I'm sure you and our other members will rise to the occasion :)

tom.glimpse

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017

Yes, but if we would not have such category, some of the craziest builds will get lost..- it would be awesome to have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS