New 1070 TI boots to Windows with flashing colors

Apr 13, 2018
I have a new Ryzen build that has been working for about 3 weeks with a 1060. Decided while I was in return Window to upgrade to a 1070 TI. I removed drivers and installed new drivers, etc. First time I booted a game I instantly got crazy colors everywhere and the system froze. Since then it did not happen again. A few days pass and now I can't even boot into Windows without this instantly happening. I can boot into Safe Mode fine. I ran a driver wiper. Then I can boot normally no issues. Tried to install the driver again and when the install finished this happen again instantly.

So the question is.. is this a bad card? I am using an EVGA 600b PSU. From what I have read the PSU should handle the GPU fine - especially when a game is not even running. Any suggestions here? Obviously the GPU being the new component it is likely to be the culprit. Just wanted to get feedback and also verify the PSU should be sufficient.

Thanks.

Apr 13, 2018
I have only tried one driver version - which is the latest. But I upgraded from 1060 to 1070ti so unless there are issues with 1070 Im not sure it is related. Going to put in an old 960 when I get home make sure that works before taking back the 1070. Seems unlikely to be PSU related since mine seems to be sufficient.

Apr 13, 2018
So I exchanged the GPU with a new 1070 ti and it is working great so far. Seems like a dud GPU. I will leave this here just in case someone comes across this in a search and can see the solution.