Question New 2070super black screen crashing after 2 days of use

Nov 28, 2019
Not sure if this is the right forum and it’s a long post ahead so I’m just going to get into it. A few weeks ago decided to upgrade my 680, to a new 2070 super from Nvidia site. Got it running, played the new modern warfare for a day or two, when I got a crash, it looked like this first picture before black screening and requiring a hard reset

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/jypj8f5?s=small

Since it happened while playin CoD with RTX on I figured it was a game crash so I reset and played more, happened again but this time I got the second image in that link. From here I figured cod wasn’t worth the hassle and so I hopped on Risk of Rain 2 and before I knew it I got a black screen crash again, only now it won’t boot into windows. On start I will get a motherboard splash screen, windows logo with loading symbol below, then black. Here is where I thought the gpu was faulty so I put it in my roommates comp and starts up and runs fine. I put my old 680 in mine and been using it fine. I could be ignorant here but I wondered if I needed to reinstall windows but it ran fine on my old gpu so I felt it wasn’t that.

So first thought is the old PSU can’t handle the new gpu so I go buy a new one, no good, so now I’m thinking my old motherboards pcie slot is unable to handle the gpu (all older parts are like 9years old). So I went and get a new Ryzen 7 2700x and new motherboard and yesterday took it all apart and rebuilt. To my dismay I get black screen after windows loading. If I go into bios and do a reset from there sometimes I can load into windows but it’s locked at a low res and won’t let me switch, I can’t even see the entire desktop.

I called it here last night and am currently at work and figured I’d post and get other opinions. Only thing I can think is reinstall windows or update driver. But as stated I can run my 680 fine so idk about windows and I did a clean driver install before the crashing (not ddu) and now that I can’t get into windows consistently not sure best way to go about fixing it. I’m at the point where I want to test in roommates computer again to see if it starting the first time was a fluke but that will have to wait because holiday.

Nov 28, 2019
Full specs of both the original system, and subsequent new system, please. It allows people here to know what they're working with to help you.

Immediate impression was PSU. Might still be depending on what you bought.
Ya at work right now will post specs when home at 1 est, got a Corsair 750m I believe.

Edit: clarified time

Last edited: