So I recently upgraded my pc everything but the case
Swapped out my
Gtx 1060 for a nvidia founders rtx 3070ti
I5 for ryzen 9
Gigabyte mobo for a asus x 570p
CPU fan for Corsair aio h100i
Vengeance 3200 x16 for a Corsair x16 3600
Corsair 650 psu for 850
Now my 3070ti is heavily underperforming I’m not to great with pcs but I can see that the gpu usage is normal but I’m getting horrible fps highest consistent fps was 30
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56284544

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Motherboard was changed. No confirmation that the OS was reinstalled.
The motherboard drivers(chipset, lan, sata, audio) should be installed/updated after the reinstall.

2)Gpu does not appear to have been examined beyond utility.
Gpu core clock behavior not monitored. Core temperature, hot spot, and memory junction not monitored.
PCIe bandwidth not checked. Can be checked via Gpu-Z, by clicking on the '?' next to Bus Interface, running the render test and monitoring for changes in Bus Interface while the test is running.
Gpu-Z(sensor tab) also has a neat graph called Perfcap Reason that says why(color coded) the gpu doesn't boost any further.

Reactions: Jucifer
Oct 31, 2022
I’m currently about to reinstall the os right now
In bus interface it reads pcie x16 4.0 @ x16 4.0
in gpu z while I run the bus interface
Gpu clock sits at 1920mhz
Gpu temp about 70c and hot spot at 80c
Memory clock 1187 mhz
For the perfcap don’t really know how to read but I see 50/50 blue and orange

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I’m currently about to reinstall the os right now
In bus interface it reads pcie x16 4.0 @ x16 4.0
in gpu z while I run the bus interface
Gpu clock sits at 1920mhz
Gpu temp about 70c and hot spot at 80c
Memory clock 1187 mhz
For the perfcap don’t really know how to read but I see 50/50 blue and orange
That all sounds good. Orange and blue bars are:
VOp(orange). Gpu core can't boost higher because the voltage regulator on the card is already doing the best it can.
VRel(blue). Gpu core can't boost higher because it won't be stable in the next step in voltage required.
It's normal for there to be at least one reason for Perfcap Reason, but these 2, VOp and VRel, tend to pop up together instead of by themselves.

So far, everything looks ok - save for the OS thing - maybe something else is using the gpu while you play?
Oh and - Windows search > settings > systems > graphics settings. Hardware accelerated gpu scheduling is turned off?

Oct 31, 2022
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/56286305
While gaming gpu isn’t giving me more than 30fps
Sometimes it goes as low as 9 or 10fps
Tried spider man and mw2 it’s just terrible

before I got my 3070ti which was Friday
I was running my 1060 for about two weeks with my new build and I was getting a steady 60fps on low setting on mw2 now the 3070ti can’t even match that

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Lots of background cpu activity this time around. Did you give Windows time to finish updating?

-No sign of gpu core thermal throttling. You even say that it holds 1900-ish mhz; if it were power or voltage limit throttling, that wouldn't be possible.
-PCIe bandwidth isn't stuck at a low speed.
-Memory clock is normal.
All that says the card is fine... I'm scratching my head, because at least one of these can't be right.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, Best Buy.

Gotta try a different approach, 'cause something's not adding up.
Run Msi Afterburner. Open settings. In the general tab, make sure 'unlock voltage monitoring' is checked, then go to the monitoring tab.
Over in monitoring, leave checked or check the following:
-gpu temperature
-gpu usage
-gpu voltage
-FB usage(the percentage of gpu memory being used)
-BUS usage(how much bandwidth is being used)
-power
-core clock
-memory clock
If something else is checked besides the above, uncheck them. Go to 'graph columns' and set it to 2. Click apply and close the settings window.
Now, when you start up a game, click on the 'detach' button on Afterburner's main HUD. If you have a secondary monitor, tracking those parameters while you play is much easier.
If not, tab out after a few minutes to look over the parameters for any oddballs. If nothing, play for a few more minutes and check again, or switch titles.