Question New Alienware motherboard

Mar 24, 2019
Hello all. My old MS-7862 Alienware motherboard died... : ( So, I bought the EXACT same model and installed it into my Area 51 PC. There are a couple of questions/concerns that I have:

1.) Do I have to reinstall Windows (I have Windows 7), or will I be able to boot Windows from my hard drive?
2.) When I booted my PC after installing the new motherboard a message came up stating that the overclock settings failed to load, press F1 to run default, F2 to run setup, F5 to run ePSA. I tried F1 first, to no avail (PC just turned off then back on a couple of times by itself before going back to the aforementioned message), then I pressed F2 to go into the setup (I didn't try anything in there due to me not wanting to accidentally mess something up), and finally I pressed F5 to go into ePSA (I am currently running the assessment, and it is at 74% (everything came back ok so far, and the last part is the hard drive test)).
3.) What do I do next (assuming the ePSA assessment comes back 100% ok)?
4.) I also am replacing my GPU (old one (AMD R9 270) was outdated) with a new(er) GPU (Radeon RX 580 8gb GDDR5).
5.) Will that (#4) matter in regards to my PC booting properly to Windows?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mar 25, 2019
Hello all. My old MS-7862 Alienware motherboard died... : ( So, I bought the EXACT same model and installed it into my Area 51 PC. There are a couple of questions/concerns that I have:

1.) Do I have to reinstall Windows (I have Windows 7), or will I be able to boot Windows from my hard drive?
2.) When I booted my PC after installing the new motherboard a message came up stating that the overclock settings failed to load, press F1 to run default, F2 to run setup, F5 to run ePSA. I tried F1 first, to no avail (PC just turned off then back on a couple of times by itself before going back to the aforementioned message), then I pressed F2 to go into the setup (I didn't try anything in there due to me not wanting to accidentally mess something up), and finally I pressed F5 to go into ePSA (I am currently running the assessment, and it is at 74% (everything came back ok so far, and the last part is the hard drive test)).
3.) What do I do next (assuming the ePSA assessment comes back 100% ok)?
4.) I also am replacing my GPU (old one (AMD R9 270) was outdated) with a new(er) GPU (Radeon RX 580 8gb GDDR5).
5.) Will that (#4) matter in regards to my PC booting properly to Windows?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Hey , I did some surfing regarding your issue .You may go through http://www.dowdandassociates.com/bl...indows-7-install-after-replacing-motherboard/ . Hope this helps.

Reactions: hughdackman

TRENDING THREADS