Question new amd build help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2020
Not sure where to actually post this, hopefully here is fine.

I decided recently to do a fresh gaming PC as my old one is not really gaming focused.

Ryzen 9 3900X
Evga 1300W G2 PSU
ASUS X570-plus (wifi) tuf gaming
G.Skill tridentz neo DDR4-3600 4 x 16GB
XPG Gammix S11 pro 2TB
MSI Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

Originally I had an MSI X570 gaming pro carbon MB but returned it thinking it was the problem part.

The first board would not load any boot drives/windows installation media at all (even if forced in bios) and bios information eventually would no longer be retained (as if the cmos battery died)

The replacement board worked fine initially but is now showing similar symptoms as the first board.

On first power up the system didn't recognize the NVMe as a boot drive, forced boot from Windows installation media worked fine. After running the install I am greeted with a halt screen F1 to restore bios and message about raid configuration (which I didn't setup any raid) force booting windows from bios works but fails due to a known issue with the wifi controller. I tried the fix for it but bios information no longer saves (as far as I know) I can only enter bios via the f1 halt screen the normal bios key no longer works at all.

I've tried ram sticks one by one
Clearing cmos
Removing the NVMe drive
Flashing the bios to the most current version (the flash was successful but didn't fix anything)

No matter what I do i can't enter bios normally anymore and bios information doesn't appear to be saving on this board as well.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or a workaround/fix? I'm at a loss and have an expensive brick atm

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Not sure where to actually post this, hopefully here is fine.

I decided recently to do a fresh gaming PC as my old one is not really gaming focused.

Ryzen 9 3900X
Evga 1300W G2 PSU
ASUS X570-plus (wifi) tuf gaming
G.Skill tridentz neo DDR4-3600 4 x 16GB
XPG Gammix S11 pro 2TB
MSI Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

Originally I had an MSI X570 gaming pro carbon MB but returned it thinking it was the problem part.

The first board would not load any boot drives/windows installation media at all (even if forced in bios) and bios information eventually would no longer be retained (as if the cmos battery died)

The replacement board worked fine initially but is now showing similar symptoms as the first board.

On first power up the system didn't recognize the NVMe as a boot drive, forced boot from Windows installation media worked fine. After running the install I am greeted with a halt screen F1 to restore bios and message about raid configuration (which I didn't setup any raid) force booting windows from bios works but fails due to a known issue with the wifi controller. I tried the fix for it but bios information no longer saves (as far as I know) I can only enter bios via the f1 halt screen the normal bios key no longer works at all.

I've tried ram sticks one by one
Clearing cmos
Removing the NVMe drive
Flashing the bios to the most current version (the flash was successful but didn't fix anything)

No matter what I do i can't enter bios normally anymore and bios information doesn't appear to be saving on this board as well.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or a workaround/fix? I'm at a loss and have an expensive brick atm
First of all, 64gb of ram? If your using more than 32gb your doing something wrong, and most people won’t have a need for more than 16gb!

Status
Not open for further replies.