Question New AMD Reference GPU fan?

lmsrcmig06

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
I bought an AMD Radeon RX 480 8 GB (SAPPHIRE Reference model) used for mining for 1 year running at about 50 °C for 102,5€. When it arrived, I disassembled it to clean it and change the thermal paste. In that process, the fan connector was stuck and it only wiggles, but just wouldn't come off. Dumb me pulled it from the 4 cables and I heard a little pop and I felt that one cable loosened, meaning it released tension. I reassembled it a booted my PC. It booted into the BIOS, but the fan just didn't spin (yes, it was working because I don't have an IGPU) and I turned off the system. What can I do? I thought of soldering, but that would melt the rubber and plastic on the connector and cables. I also thought of removing the plastic cover and checking if the cable's bad, but I don't think I could do much. Is there something conductive I can shove into the 4 holes to make sure there's contact? I searched for reacement fans all around the internet, but there are only fans with more amperage and they're too expensive. Thanks you!

If it's too long or you didn't read, my GPU fan connector separated from the cables and I need help.

lmsrcmig06

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
Hello! I haven't touched the card simce, but I'll disassemble it and search everywhere for one. As I said, I don't really want to buy a new one unless it's less than €5. I'm looking to improvise. I've been scammed for €130 two weeks ago and I nees to cheap out...