News New AMD Ryzen 3000 Firmware May Cut Boot Times Considerably

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hannibal

Distinguished
My boot time was really fast with pure win10... after some rgb software, audio software and some more. The boot time did increase three to four times... yeah... avoid those bundles that comes with gpu, motherboard etc and you will be fine...

alextheblue

Distinguished
I'd rather see a board manufacturer improve memory settings and configuration compatibility, or fix the damn boost issues, or anything that actually has a sensible tangible value.
Yeah those are mostly up to AMD to work on. The IMC is in the CPU, the boost is CPU-controlled... that's what the latest AGESA helps with the most, although the actual real-world difference in performance will be minimal. I don't think you'll see the kinds of gains with memory you saw with Ryzen 1 updates, the IMC is improved but they also had a much better handle on things out of the gate - less room for improvement IMO.

Anyway, the manufacturers can still work on other stuff, like cutting down a ridiculously slow boot time.

TRENDING THREADS