Question New and fast Game PC build for RTX 3080?

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
Hello, I would like to have some build for RTX 3080 (TI?). Not sure I will buy by component or pre-build but based on GPU cost I may buy components with integrated card and wait for 3080. Anyway, im really confused with components as Im not expert. For beggining i dont understand why PCIe4 is much better than PCIe5 (RAM CLs etc.). Can you please help me out and advise what should I choose (range) and why? PC should be primary for new games where I would like to have minimum loading times and of course maximum performance.

MB - any?

CPU - 5+ GH in turbo? Should I take care about non-turbo too? Intel / Ryzen? Confused there - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html - here I can see very minimal difference between 5 5600x and 9 5950 - but 9 5950 has more than double price. So where I can see difference? DDR5 / Alder lake what I hear doesnt make sense to buy due to overprice and also DDR4/pciexp 4 now is better? Also confusion, why DD5 PCIe5 is not 2x faster, 2x better?? Some numbers showing that but test seems similar as 4. Integrated graphics - will be there lost performance / negative impact if I will have int. g but will not use it? (figuring out if I can buy integrated and exchange in future for 3080)

HDD - also confused, based on following i understand there is non difference between (https://www.techspot.com/review/2116-storage-speed-game-loading/) - I can see loading times for example 27-30sec - the question is can I reduce it to for ex. 20sec? I think only three possible solution - Raid somehow or components choosing - or mix both. So what can affect loading speed, its possible to achieve some better times?

RAM confused again. I read freq. is limited by processor so if processor support 3200 I can buy 3600 RAM but it will not have affect. I read only important is lowest CLs - true?

Possibility for overclocking - i read for example its possible to reduce CLs for RAM etc (dont want dangerous) - what affect in number I can achieve?

Do you know any PC comparison where I can see different builds with components and loading times? I found only comparison with FPS etc...

Thank you a lot and appologize for maybe longer text

MB - any?

Depends on your budget and what platform. However a starting point for an AMD build with a 5600X or more would be a B550 in the $150 range. For Intel, a Z690 in the $230 range if going for something like an i7.

CPU - 5+ GH in turbo? Should I take care about non-turbo too? Intel / Ryzen? Confused there - https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpus,3986.html - here I can see very minimal difference between 5 5600x and 9 5950 - but 9 5950 has more than double price. So where I can see difference? DDR5 / Alder lake what I hear doesnt make sense to buy due to overprice and also DDR4/pciexp 4 now is better? Also confusion, why DD5 PCIe5 is not 2x faster, 2x better?? Some numbers showing that but test seems similar as 4. Integrated graphics - will be there lost performance / negative impact if I will have int. g but will not use it? (figuring out if I can buy integrated and exchange in future for 3080)

None of them run at 5Ghz+ on all cores without overclocking, I wouldn't get too hung up on frequency, minor increases in frequency make very little difference in performance terms but can dramatically increase heat and power consumption. If you need the power of a 3080 then you'd probably benefit from more than 6 cores so a 5800X or more would be preferable . A 5900X would be a good pairing and last you a long time if you can afford one. Yes average frame rates don't differ much between the 5600X and 5950X, but this is misleading. For one certain games like Cyberpunk will push a 5600X to it's limit if your running with max graphics + ray tracing, there is little to no spare capacity afterwards. So the difference may look small now but will likely grow in the future. The benchmark charts also don't capture the fact that CPU's with higher core counts and large cache sizes in a number of titles deliver more consistent frame times so motion in your games will appear smoother. The 5600X is a very fast 6 core chip so the difference's are often small but they are there.

As for Alder Lake and DDR5, future DDR5 kits will offer double the memory bandwidth of DDR4. Currently available kits already offer substantial memory bandwidth increases, however games right now do not need such bandwidth and are much more limited by CPU and GPU speed, DDR4 also has lower latency than DDR5 which offsets some of the bandwidth gains.

HDD - also confused, based on following i understand there is non difference between (https://www.techspot.com/review/2116-storage-speed-game-loading/) - I can see loading times for example 27-30sec - the question is can I reduce it to for ex. 20sec? I think only three possible solution - Raid somehow or components choosing - or mix both. So what can affect loading speed, its possible to achieve some better times?
If your asking if a game loads in 27-30 seconds on a hard drive, can you reduce it to 20 seconds with RAID, then probably yes but I wouldn't bother. The best thing you can do is put your games on an SSD. 1TB SSD's are much more affordable now so I would just get one of them and use a HDD for storage or games you don't play so often.

RAM confused again. I read freq. is limited by processor so if processor support 3200 I can buy 3600 RAM but it will not have affect. I read only important is lowest CLs - true?

The RAM speed is limited by the memory controller of the CPU and they would typically run at the same speed. Most CPU's will run fine with 3600Mhz, with some lower end chips capping out at 3200Mhz. RAM speed though makes very little difference in gaming. If your going for DDR4 then 3600Mhz is the sweet spot. Faster DD4 kits are very expensive and offer no real performance increase in the vast majority of cases. As for CL ratings, yes lower is better, though higher frequency RAM kits often have slightly higher latency. It's still better to have 3600Mhz CL 18 vs 2666Mhz CL 16.

A 3600Mhz RAM kit I would recommend would be:
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Veng...refix=coresair+vengence+3600Mh,aps,159&sr=8-1

Possibility for overclocking - i read for example its possible to reduce CLs for RAM etc (dont want dangerous) - what affect in number I can achieve?
There are lots of very experienced overclockers here that would be better able to advise you on the details than me. However my two cents is it's not worth the effort. Most modern CPU's are pushed to such high frequencies already that there is not that much room left for any meaningful gains by overclocking. The performance gains are so small your unlikely to ever notice the difference outside of benchmarks, but the difference it makes on heat and power consumption is significant so you'll notice that your PC is much louder.

To give you an example, I have a i9 10850K. Running a Cinebench loop at 4.5Ghz it uses around 153W, increasing the frequency to 5.1Ghz increases performance by just over 13%. Power consumption however doubles to around 300W. The cooling requirements to keep it under control at that level are extreme but performance differences are small.

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
Hi,thank you for answers. Im from Czech Republic. I dont plan use any older components, but maybe possibility is to buy some new (few months used) build from bazar - its reason why I asked for so many details as I would like to have ability to recognize what is good / what is not in pre-builds.

The answers answered something and pretty sure it will not be as easy as I thought as more questions arrived, so kindly bare with me.

MB - as I mentioned I would like to have some nice CPU of about 5GH and its high end from my point of view (I filtered boost 5 GH from our shop and can see only couple choices so I think only few MB will match those processors and all of them I think will be good. I would like to do also some safe overclocking if possible to VISIBLE (games etc) speed up for 10 or more percent. Possibility of 1-2 percent overclock doesnt metter.

CPU - I know, already read someone bought processor with 5+ but was able to achieve only 4,8. But also i read I will not see difference between 4,8-5 so I think any procesor with boost 5+GH will do what i want, right? Very disapointing to hear 5600X is already hitting limits for games like Cyberpunk. Based on CPU comparision https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6gCtaMLLY2evVRZfRprisE-970-80.png.webp it sounds like very good choice for money as it was compared very similar to the bests.

So now I know definitly 5600X is not much good choice for me. Do you know any site comparing gaming processor but something where I can see CPUs limits you mentioned? Or any list of highend processor should I use? You already mentioned 5900 (I may afford this but seems like top limit. Only 4,8 turbo :-()

Is important also the base speed (not turbo)? Can I pick any with 5+turbo or should I make sure to have 5+ turbo with higher base speed too?

What about CPUs with iGPU with comparison with processor without iGPU? In case i will use external GPU the performance of non-GPU and iGPU should be same?

i9 10850K you mentioned you have turbo speed 4,5 and overclock up to 5,1, but in specs I can see there is turbo 5,2... I understand there can be few percent difference but 13+ seems pretty high....

Alders/ DDR5 - i really like this name :) and I also read everything is double, but dont want to spare milions for same performance as DDR4. Based what I understand I think for following two years Im good to go with DD4? Or do you think I can achieve with Alder for example 20% faster loading times or remove any additional limitation?

RAM - for next 1-2 year I think I can live with 32 GB max, so I think DDR4 is fine for amount of RAM. Average DDR5 has 40 CL, DDR4 has less than half - DDR4 seems like best choice. In another words - what difference I will see between afforable DDR5 and DDR4?

You offered - Cl18 32GB, price in our country about 270 USD. Why not choose 2x(4 modules x 8GB) Patriot VIPER Steel 16GB (2x8GB) - for the same price (as I dont mind as it will be enough for 1-2 years)? I know it consume all slots but CL14 seems much better...

HDD - wrong terminology, I talked about NVME - make sense to have two NVMEs in raid, how much it improve load speed or anything else VISIBLE? True is only thing am doing is to play games or just standard using computer, no video edit, no archiving, only chrome, download etc.... :). So for me it seems all NVMEs has same speed I can see and only improving is loading speed - can I somehow improve the loading or any additional "visible" speed?

Just thinking, I may have connection in near future about 250MB/s - I think if I will have something averadge fullfiling above will not slow down the connection, right?

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
So now I know definitly 5600X is not much good choice for me. Do you know any site comparing gaming processor but something where I can see CPUs limits you mentioned? Or any list of highend processor should I use? You already mentioned 5900 (I may afford this but seems like top limit. Only 4,8 turbo :-()
I have a 5900X and it regularly boosts to 4.95GHz with NO overclocking. In comparison I had an I7 7700K that I had to delid to get 5.0GHz. I'm not saying a 5900X will boost to 4.95GHz for everyone's build but if you have good cooling it is possible.

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
thanks, what about following prebuild?
  • be quiet! Pure Base 500DX White
  • Procesor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • NZXT Kraken X63 Z
  • ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
  • G.SKILL 64 GB KIT DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo
  • SSD disk Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
  • Zdroj EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+

1247 USD

MB - as I mentioned I would like to have some nice CPU of about 5GH and its high end from my point of view (I filtered boost 5 GH from our shop and can see only couple choices so I think only few MB will match those processors and all of them I think will be good. I would like to do also some safe overclocking if possible to VISIBLE (games etc) speed up for 10 or more percent. Possibility of 1-2 percent overclock doesnt metter.
The reason I say don't get so hung up on frequency is because even a 10% improvement in performance isn't very noticeable but it increases heat and power consumption quite a lot. Frequency is also not an accurate way of comparing performance between two different architectures. For a high end build a 5900X or 12700K would be the most ideal.

CPU - I know, already read someone bought processor with 5+ but was able to achieve only 4,8. But also i read I will not see difference between 4,8-5 so I think any procesor with boost 5+GH will do what i want, right? Very disapointing to hear 5600X is already hitting limits for games like Cyberpunk. Based on CPU comparision https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6gCtaMLLY2evVRZfRprisE-970-80.png.webp it sounds like very good choice for money as it was compared very similar to the bests.

I've perhaps been a bit negative on the 5600X, to be clear it's a very capable CPU and plays Cyberpunk very well. However Cyberpunk can very effectively use all 6 cores and 12 threads when you are running with max graphics. If you have a premium graphics card, it makes sense to pair it with the premium CPU, that will give you a better experience now but also more headroom available as games get more demanding in the future. That of course does depend on how frequently you upgrade, if it's 2 years from now then it matters less what you buy today. If it's 4 years then I'd get more.

To give you an example:
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/xxJ2hsYaDZZbTTAeNpR33o.png

The 5600X minimum frame rate in Cyberpunk is 53 FPS. The 5900X is 71.8, that's a 35% increase, the reason for that is because it has 12 cores not 6. You do not need a 5900X or 12700K to play games well today. I'm just saying there is still some small benefits to having them right now, and they will maintain strong performance for longer.

You can ignore my stats on the 5600X vs 5900X, that's old data where SMT wasn't utilised on AMD at the time. The 5600X is very good but I know from my own testing with Cyberpunk with various CPU's that it will run at very high usage and is capable of using more than 6 cores. The game is smoother on the more powerful CPU's even if the average frame rate is similar.

Another example is Battlefield 2042, TechSpot did some testing on it recently, while it doesn't really need a high core count, it does heavily utilise 6 cores:

"the game didn’t max out the 5800X, meaning a fast 6-core Zen 3 processor is still fine, though it's right on the edge with utilization often locked at 100%. Despite this heavy utilization, the game didn’t stutter, at least no more than what was witnessed using higher core count Zen 3 processors. But it does mean you’re right on the edge with this part, and slower 6-core/12-thread processors will start to see a decline in performance, assuming your GPU is capable of driving over 100 fps using your desired quality settings."

My point is while the performance is strong, in some situations like the two above the CPU is almost fully utilised meaning there is not lots of spare capacity should future games demand more.

Is important also the base speed (not turbo)? Can I pick any with 5+turbo or should I make sure to have 5+ turbo with higher base speed too?
The turbo speeds are misleading, they change depending on how many cores are being utilised. For example, the max turbo speed on the 12700K is 5Ghz, it's all core turbo speed is 4.7Ghz. Modern games use multiple cores, so it's never going to run at 5Ghz during gaming, the all core boost is what's important. That is what it will always run at when the power limits are removed (they are by default). It will only run at the base speed under sustained loads if the power limits are enabled.

What about CPUs with iGPU with comparison with processor without iGPU? In case i will use external GPU the performance of non-GPU and iGPU should be same?
The iGPU won't affect your gaming performance because your going to have a separate graphics card. It's only use to you is as a backup GPU should you have a problem with your graphics card or if you want to use certain features of the iGPU like Intel QuickSync for video encoding.

i9 10850K you mentioned you have turbo speed 4,5 and overclock up to 5,1, but in specs I can see there is turbo 5,2... I understand there can be few percent difference but 13+ seems pretty high....
I use the 10850K as an example because I have one and am familiar with the CPU at different frequencies. The max turbo speed on the 10850K for a single core is 5.2Ghz, it's all core boost speed is 4.8Ghz. I have chosen to disable turbo boost and manually configured my 10850K's base speed to 4.5Ghz, the reason I do this is because the performance loss is small but it uses much less power, runs much cooler and quieter. That's a personal choice on my part, most people don't do this.

Alders/ DDR5 - i really like this name :) and I also read everything is double, but dont want to spare milions for same performance as DDR4. Based what I understand I think for following two years Im good to go with DD4? Or do you think I can achieve with Alder for example 20% faster loading times or remove any additional limitation?
I agree Intel architecture names are the best :) DDR4 will still offer enough bandwidth for games in 2 years time.

RAM - for next 1-2 year I think I can live with 32 GB max, so I think DDR4 is fine for amount of RAM. Average DDR5 has 40 CL, DDR4 has less than half - DDR4 seems like best choice. In another words - what difference I will see between afforable DDR5 and DDR4?
32GB will last you more than 2 years for gaming. If it were me, I would prefer DDR5, it is objectively better. However it offers little to no benefit right now for gaming and it's twice the price where I live so I would stick with DDR4.

You offered - Cl18 32GB, price in our country about 270 USD. Why not choose 2x(4 modules x 8GB) Patriot VIPER Steel 16GB (2x8GB) - for the same price (as I dont mind as it will be enough for 1-2 years)? I know it consume all slots but CL14 seems much better...
4x8GB Corsair Vengeance or 2x8GB Patriot Viper would also be fine, I was just using it as an example.

HDD - wrong terminology, I talked about NVME - make sense to have two NVMEs in raid, how much it improve load speed or anything else VISIBLE? True is only thing am doing is to play games or just standard using computer, no video edit, no archiving, only chrome, download etc.... :). So for me it seems all NVMEs has same speed I can see and only improving is loading speed - can I somehow improve the loading or any additional "visible" speed?

Just thinking, I may have connection in near future about 250MB/s - I think if I will have something averadge fullfiling above will not slow down the connection, right?
NVME in RAID 0 is a bad idea, it can be faster in some aspects but slower in others. Game load times also benefit very little from NVME over SATA SSD's right now. The reason for this is because the API's they use to retrieve data from drives were not designed for fast SSD's. This will change when games start to use Microsoft DirectStorage. However I still wouldn't use RAID 0 then. Your better off having Alder Lake and adding a PCI-E 5 NVME drive at a later date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me
thanks, what about following prebuild?
  • be quiet! Pure Base 500DX White
  • Procesor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • NZXT Kraken X63 Z
  • ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
  • G.SKILL 64 GB KIT DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo
  • SSD disk Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
  • Zdroj EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+
1247 USD
RTX 3080 Ti 12GB > RTX 3080 10GB

https://www.czc.cz/be-quiet-pure-base-500dx-okno-bila/286323/produkt
be quiet! Pure Base 500DX White 2 609,-

https://www.czc.cz/seasonic-focus-gx-850-850w/305099/produkt
Seasonic Focus GX850 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply 3 299,-

https://www.czc.cz/gigabyte-z690-gaming-x-ddr4-intel-z690/332344/produkt
GIGABYTE Z690 GAMING X DDR4 5 654

https://www.czc.cz/intel-core-i7-12700k/330921/produkt
Intel Core i7-12700K 10 990

Same as the above cpu but with no integrated graphics.

https://www.czc.cz/intel-core-i7-12700kf/330922/produkt
Intel Core i7-12700KF 10 390

https://www.czc.cz/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-240-argb/320449/produkt
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB 2 499

https://www.arctic.de/us/LGA1700-Mounting-Kit-Liquid-Freezer-II-Series/MPSAS00891A
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II LGA-1700 Mounting Kit

https://www.czc.cz/crucial-ballistix-black-32gb-2x16gb-ddr4-3600-cl16/280900/produkt
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz 32GB (2x16GB) CL16 4 199

Windows

https://www.czc.cz/samsung-ssd-970-evo-plus-m-2-500gb/253492/produkt
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 4x NVMe SSD 1 999,-

Storage

https://www.alza.cz/samsung-970-evo-plus-2000gb-d5543504.htm
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 2TB M.2 PCIe 3.0 4x NVMe SSD 5 999,-

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10#kf

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...2700k-processor-25m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-25m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz/specifications.html

Review of that cpu with benchmarks.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-12700k-review

RhRj3qW4xbKSCjG5kEkgtT-970-80.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nighthawk117

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello, I would like to have some build for RTX 3080 (TI?). Not sure I will buy by component or pre-build but based on GPU cost I may buy components with integrated card and wait for 3080. Anyway, im really confused with components as Im not expert. For beggining i dont understand why PCIe4 is much better than PCIe5 (RAM CLs etc.). Can you please help me out and advise what should I choose (range) and why? PC should be primary for new games where I would like to have minimum loading times and of course maximum performance.

MB - any?

Do you know any PC comparison where I can see different builds with components and loading times? I found only comparison with FPS etc...

Thank you a lot and appologize for maybe longer text
RAID SSD's absolutely not 100% it can actually hurt performance. Unless your just running benchmarks then any good SSD of any type not enough difference to matter.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9LyNXpsOo

About top of the line for gaming. Need a few extra fans for the front of the case.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor |-
CPU Cooler | Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler |-
Motherboard | MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard |-
Memory | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory |-
Storage | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive |-
Storage | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive |-
Case | Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case |-
Power Supply | Corsair RMx (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |-
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | 0.00Kč
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-22 00:54 CET+0100 |

Last edited:

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
Thank you to all

Nighthawk117:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/xxJ2hsYaDZZbTTAeNpR33o.png - missing some CPUs, where is for ex. 12700?

Do you think I can use https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/Y6h9FTjoeu2cY8g4xFcton-970-80.png.webp ?

For 3080 (TI) what I understand best choices is something like 12700 / 5900. 12700 is much cheaper, price similar to 12700 is i9-12900F - so in case I can choose between 12700 and 12900 , I should choose 12900 right?

Is there any bigger difference between intels like 10900KF VS 12700/12900? I think I i may pick 12xxx as its newer gen so more usage in future?

Also bigger difference between 5900 / 12700 /12900 seems to be only 64MB L3 - but based on test I may not notice difference,right?

the all core boost is what's important. - but what is all core boost? Is this base CPU speed or all core boost nobody mentioning?

In case I have build alder DD4 NVME m2 - can I in future add PCIe 5 NVME? Or must have DDR5 for PCIe5?

Also didnt find enywhere comparison of loading times with standard NVME and PCIe5 NVME - I now PCIe5 is pretty new, but what can be difference in loading times etc?

Why_Me, thanks, its about 1636 USD (your, didnt count Samsung 970 EVO PLUS ) vs 1247 USD (1347 if I buy any graphic card) for prebuild I posted (5900). So 300 USD difference - where I will notice this difference / advantages? One of disantwages is, this is pre-build is from bazar (few months) without GPU but has full quarantee

I can see you have 12700 - what is real maximum all cores GH you can achive with safe (easy) overclocking? 4,9 seems to be real for 5900...

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBui...91515.1302577.102502vsS0-M?tab=MBD#Benchmarks this is build I mentioned for 1247 (UFO 205 percent)

This is UFO 370 with same components - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44286892 - but I understand user overclock it - for example same CPU but Base clock 4.6 GHz, turbo 7.05 GHz (avg) - so is this really possible? I know, I will not achieve so high number as I dont have enough uranium generators but still does it mean there is possibility of high overclocking?

5600 VS 12700 indicates CPU better by 10 percent https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBui...49186-M1699429.1291515.1302577.102502?tab=CPU - so maybe better is 12700 over the 5900?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBui...91515.1302577.102502vsS0-M?tab=MBD#Benchmarks this is build I mentioned for 1247 (UFO 205 percent)

This is UFO 370 with same components - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44286892 - but I understand user overclock it - for example same CPU but Base clock 4.6 GHz, turbo 7.05 GHz (avg) - so is this really possible? I know, I will not achieve so high number as I dont have enough uranium generators but still does it mean there is possibility of high overclocking?

5600 VS 12700 indicates CPU better by 10 percent https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBui...49186-M1699429.1291515.1302577.102502?tab=CPU - so maybe better is 12700 over the 5900?
Trying to compare builds on userbenchmark is a complete waste of time. The site has it use but comparing builds is not one of them.
To many variables.

If you already have the video card then you need to pick a processor and build around it.

Reactions: Nighthawk117
Yes ignore me on the chart, that's too old. The game has been patched since then and Alder Lake wasn't available. You can use https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/Y6h9FTjoeu2cY8g4xFcton-970-80.png.webp as a rough guide.

For 3080 (TI) what I understand best choices is something like 12700 / 5900. 12700 is much cheaper, price similar to 12700 is i9-12900F - so in case I can choose between 12700 and 12900 , I should choose 12900 right?
The 12700K is faster than the 5900X in most games today and cheaper, but the Z690 motherboards are more expensive. If you want to be able to overclock and manually configure clockspeeds and voltages then you need a K chip. So the 12700K, 12700KF, 12900K or 12900KF. If it were me buying I would get the 12700K because I think that's the best deal, the 12900K offers little benefit in games over the 12700K and it is unclear how much that might change in the future.

Is there any bigger difference between intels like 10900KF VS 12700/12900? I think I i may pick 12xxx as its newer gen so more usage in future?

Also bigger difference between 5900 / 12700 /12900 seems to be only 64MB L3 - but based on test I may not notice difference,right?
Ignore 10th gen chips, you should only be looking at the latest generations, so 12th gen Intel and AMD 5000. A larger L3 cache can be beneficial in some games. You shouldn't compare AMD's L3 cache to Intel's L3 cache because the architectures work differently.

the all core boost is what's important. - but what is all core boost? Is this base CPU speed or all core boost nobody mentioning?
Intel's base speed is meaningless, it's there so they can hit a TDP of 125W. This is only applicable if you have a 125W power limit in place. By default Alder Lake power limits are set much higher so it will never run at this speed, this would be more applicable to certain pre-build's from big manufacturers like Dell that need a CPU with this thermal specification. Intel and AMD normally only publish the max single core turbo speed which is why it is difficult to find the all core boost. All core boosts can also vary depending on system configuration but for a 12700K, 4.7Ghz on all 8 performance cores is typical.

In case I have build alder DD4 NVME m2 - can I in future add PCIe 5 NVME? Or must have DDR5 for PCIe5?
You do not need DDR5 for PCI-E 5 NVME's.

Also didnt find enywhere comparison of loading times with standard NVME and PCIe5 NVME - I now PCIe5 is pretty new, but what can be difference in loading times etc?
PCI-E 5 NVME drives are not available, you suggested RAID 0 which is a bad idea. I'm just saying if extremely fast NVME speeds are important to you then Alder Lake would give you the option of adding a PCI-E 5 NVME drive at a later date, this would be a much better option than RAID 0. However bare in mind, games on PC today do not benefit from super fast SSD's, so you will be waiting for software to improve.

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
thx, the prebuild I mentioned is gone :-(. So Why_Me i have questions how to make price slower with 12700K (but keep performance). I can see in processor description it support from 3200MHZ, you posted Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz 32GB (2x16GB) CL16 4 199 - what about Crucial Ballistix Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 CL16 2 599? Or there is visible difference and I should pick 3600MHZ?

You also posted https://www.czc.cz/samsung-ssd-970-evo-plus-m-2-1tb/253493/produkt 3 500. And second one. I think its easily extended and I dont need so capacity for begining, following seems much faster - its good choice? https://www.czc.cz/wd-ssd-black-sn850-m-2-1tb/301645/produkt

You posted two MBs, in case I may look for safe overclocking in future, which one is best for performance / value / money? Or any third one?
https://www.czc.cz/gigabyte-z690-gaming-x-ddr4-intel-z690/332344/produkt 5 666
https://www.czc.cz/asus-tuf-gaming-b660m-plus-d4-ddr4-intel-b660/335633/produkt 4 000

thx, the prebuild I mentioned is gone :-(. So Why_Me i have questions how to make price slower with 12700K (but keep performance). I can see in processor description it support from 3200MHZ, you posted Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600MHz 32GB (2x16GB) CL16 4 199 - what about Crucial Ballistix Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 CL16 2 599? Or there is visible difference and I should pick 3600MHZ?

You also posted https://www.czc.cz/samsung-ssd-970-evo-plus-m-2-1tb/253493/produkt 3 500. And second one. I think its easily extended and I dont need so capacity for begining, following seems much faster - its good choice? https://www.czc.cz/wd-ssd-black-sn850-m-2-1tb/301645/produkt

You posted two MBs, in case I may look for safe overclocking in future, which one is best for performance / value / money? Or any third one?
https://www.czc.cz/gigabyte-z690-gaming-x-ddr4-intel-z690/332344/produkt 5 666
https://www.czc.cz/asus-tuf-gaming-b660m-plus-d4-ddr4-intel-b660/335633/produkt 4 000
3200mhz RAM is fine. You won't notice a difference in speed with those two SSD's, especially for a gaming build. The B660 boards don't allow for cpu overclocking.

Those SSD's are PCI-E gen 3. You won't notice any difference with gen 4 right now for game loading, but in a year or two you might. Of the GIGABYTE Z690 GAMING X and Asus Tuf B660M you have there, you will want the GIGABYTE Z690 GAMING X. The former supports overclocking and is full size, the latter doesn't support overclocking and is mATX not ATX. I would go with 3600Mhz memory if you can as they are a similar price where I live, it won't make much difference though.

StanislavNew

Commendable
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks,
consider all here and my friend I have now following list of components - My frind told me he is able to overclock this for me (all cores up to about 4,8 etc). May I ask you to double check and advise what to change and why?

https://www.czc.cz/intel-core-i7-12700kf/330922/produkt (KF as i need Igpu and overclock)
https://www.czc.cz/gigabyte-z690-gaming-x-intel-z690/336843/produkt
https://www.czc.cz/kingston-fury-renegade-black-32gb-2x16gb-ddr4-3600-cl16/330222/produkt
https://www.czc.cz/samsung-ssd-970-evo-plus-m-2-1tb/253493/produkt

Thank you for your feedback

Thanks,
consider all here and my friend I have now following list of components - My frind told me he is able to overclock this for me (all cores up to about 4,8 etc). May I ask you to double check and advise what to change and why?

https://www.czc.cz/intel-core-i7-12700kf/330922/produkt (KF as i need Igpu and overclock)
https://www.czc.cz/kingston-fury-renegade-black-32gb-2x16gb-ddr4-3600-cl16/330222/produkt

The 12700KF has no iGPU, you need to get the 12700K to get an iGPU.

Thanks,

As @helper800 said, you need the 12700K and not the 12700KF if you want the iGPU. I wouldn't bother overclocking for 4.8Ghz, it will already hit 4.7Ghz on all cores out of the box, but yes that's easily achievable. I like all your components.