New ASUS mg248q 144hz monitor ghosting.

LudicrousGaming

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
I just upgraded to a 144hz monitor by asus and straight away jumping into csgo i realise when i'm moving a lot with my camera there is a weird affect that happens, the black colours on the boxes become darker and have a grain to them and corners of walls have a slight black line about a cm thick when i move my camera left and right sometimes this colour is purple depending on the colour of the wall, also objects have a transparent white ghost to them as if the monitor cannot keep up with the objects form, an example of this in the image below shows the ghosting but i cannot record the other problems as my camera does not seem to pick them up. Here is the photo:
https://gyazo.com/008c7a88aad1f53998b59210f1d593ba

Solution
I have Trace-Free at 20-40 at the most when gaming, 20 is decent for CS:GO and smoothens it out just a tad nicer, however, the screen arrives with Trace-Free at 60 as a standard setting and the point of that is still unclear to me.

LudicrousGaming

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Just fixed this by turning trace free down to 0, No idea why a pc would come with an option that does that, perhaps in my case it made it look worse but at the end of the day anyone having similar problems try turning trace free option in your monitor settings under the Image section on the mg248q. I had it at 60 and it was still very noticeable.

kkryz

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I have Trace-Free at 20-40 at the most when gaming, 20 is decent for CS:GO and smoothens it out just a tad nicer, however, the screen arrives with Trace-Free at 60 as a standard setting and the point of that is still unclear to me.

Solution

LudicrousGaming

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

Very frustrating how long it took me to figure out it was trace free. when first setting up the monitor i saw the option and had no idea what it was so therefore put it to default. So annoying, fixed now though with at 20 on the trace free option

kkryz

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that one out too. It was my first 144Hz monitor so the settings of one was still a mystery to me. I'm having problems with getting good looking 144hz on my desktop despite upgrading every single component in my PC to ensure my PC could handle it.

Oh, and I also tried about a 100 solutions that didn't fix it for me. x))

But the Trace-Free option is better for certain games, 20 I find good for CS:GO, 30-50 I find good for WoW or RTS games like LoL and Diablo 3. It can be used for all kind of games really, but the setting is mostly personal preference.