[SOLVED] New asus zen book

Bmanny

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
hi guys i have a new asus zenbook laptop for my school. I am wondering what programs are a must have to keep my laptop performing at its best.

Also what kind of antivirus would you recommend?

Right now i have CCleaner in mind and kaspersky thats about it

What else is there?

Any help will be appreciated thank you

Solution
"What programs" - I'd say, bare minimum. That is:
  • make image of your laptop NOW, so you can revert to it when the things go south;
  • install only apps you need.
  • Install (optional) browsers of your choice. I have the habit of using different browsers for leisure and work;
  • For school, you'd probably need an office package (LibreOffice / Office / etc), an archiver (WinZip / 7Zip), PDF viewer. Then, depending on your school, you'll probably need another apps.
  • Don't be tempted to install any "memory optimizers", "driver utilities" and such kind of c.r.a.p. For me, CC fails in this category.
"What programs" - I'd say, bare minimum. That is:
  • make image of your laptop NOW, so you can revert to it when the things go south;
  • install only apps you need.
  • Install (optional) browsers of your choice. I have the habit of using different browsers for leisure and work;
  • For school, you'd probably need an office package (LibreOffice / Office / etc), an archiver (WinZip / 7Zip), PDF viewer. Then, depending on your school, you'll probably need another apps.
  • Don't be tempted to install any "memory optimizers", "driver utilities" and such kind of c.r.a.p. For me, CC fails in this category.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS