Question New battery, SATA ports not present

Jul 29, 2019
A couple nights ago I was playing a game on my custom PC when my psu failed. Everything shut off instantly without warning. I tested the wires and got no power so I got a new battery and plugged it in in its place. When I turned on my PC it gave me an “Operation system not found” error. Upon further investigation my BIOS shows not SATA ports present in storage folder? Everything is only about a month old, brand new out of box. Got no signs of slowing down, or overheating. Efficiently cooled. Every plug is in its correct spot - never had an issue before the battery died. Any advice? I can’t find out if my HD is even spinning but what are the chances both the HD and SD died.

Jul 29, 2019
You switch between using 'PSU' and 'battery' which makes it a little confusing. It's possible a bad PSU could take out parts of a PC. At the very least you'd be looking along the HDD connection including the cables.
Sorry. It’s the Power Supply. I had another computer which I swapped my HD with its own and it works just fine. Would that suggest a wiring or motherboard issue?

Jul 29, 2019
See if the HDD spins in your PC with only the power connected.
If the PSu had modular cables then be sure to use only the cables for that PSU. Most often they are not interchangeable.
I’m really new at computer building, how exactly do I test this? My old PSU gets no power at all (tried the paper clip test), and the HD itself is big and bulky. I never listened to it before the issue so I’m not really sure what I’m listening for, but I can not hear anything, even when I switched it to a different PC where it works.

popatim

Titan
I’m really new at computer building, how exactly do I test this? My old PSU gets no power at all (tried the paper clip test), and the HD itself is big and bulky. I never listened to it before the issue so I’m not really sure what I’m listening for, but I can not hear anything, even when I switched it to a different PC where it works.
Test with your new PSU and it's cables. Do nor use cables that are from the old PSU.
You can tell if a HDD is spinning up by feel. When you power up the PSU you will feel a slight vibration and probably hear a few clicks.
Try this on the PC where it works so you know what I'm talking about.