Question New Board and CPU but keyboard and mouse wont work

Apr 28, 2019
Hello, I have posted a thread about this but i thought to do it again and that i have got a new mobo, ASUS Prime B350-Plus, and CPU, Ryzen 5 2600X.
I have windows 7 on my old config but that had a H110M Gaming Mobo and a i5-7500 CPU. I tried to just go into windows normaly and it did but my keyboard and mouse didnt work so i couldnt install the right drivers to make everything work. I had to delete everything off my hard drive from a dif pc but when i tried to reinstall windows 7 when it booted into the windows download screen my keyboard and mouse still wasnt working. Please please please help me i have been trying to troubleshoot for a month. Let me know what i need to do to get this working again!!

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
anytime you upgrade to a new platform, (MB and CPU) you would want to perform a clean install of the OS. in this case win 10. not rercommened to just swap your storage drive from the old system and power up and then hope it works. what you want to do is download the win10 media creation tool and create a win 10 usb or cd installer. install the new OS and that should clear up your issues. also, you'll want to update the bios on that B350 board