Question New build 1080p no display

i3-12100f
AsRock B760M Pro
2x 8GB T-force 5600 ram
ASRock Challenger RX6600 GPU
650W PSU

----------------------------------------------------------

I was planning on re-using my old monitor which is ACER SA240Y. When I plug the HDMI cable in, it says INPUT NOT SUPPORTED.
I have tried;

Three different HDMI cables (2x 2.0 and I think another was 1.0)
Messed with input settings on monitor, doesn't seem to have any other options.
Plugging into ASUS VE228 - Says No Input Detected
>> Plugged into my ASUS VG27A1A - 2k Video Output WORKS <<

------------------------------------------------------------
Am I stuck on getting a new monitor for this PC? If so, what am I looking for.
Would a new HDMI cable 2.1? Or a DP to HDMI?

is this system made up of all new products
or mix & matched with products from an older build?
Used i3 CPU. The rest is brand new.

I also forgot to mention that my primary system has an RX6750 on it and it connects to all monitors without signal issues.

I am wondering if I proceed with windows installation (put my time into it) along with my 2k monitor and then get a look at GPU settings if there would be anything set by default that is preventing signal output for the older monitors?

if there would be anything set by default that is preventing signal output for the older monitors?
if an OS isn't even installed yet then it could be an issue with driver support.
your current configuration would be in the very lowest level of default options available only through BIOS.

use the working display for now and get the OS, latest BIOS version available, all motherboard manufacturer provided drivers, and AMD graphics driver package installed.
then see how it responds.

Reactions: kiss-method
if an OS isn't even installed yet then it could be an issue with driver support.
your current configuration would be in the very lowest level of default options available only through BIOS.

use the working display for now and get the OS, latest BIOS version available, all motherboard manufacturer provided drivers, and AMD graphics driver package installed.
then see how it responds.
1080p monitors work after amd driver install! Thanks for the help.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

Latest posts