And used the general components from that pc into a new pc:

i3 8350k with cryorig m9i
1*8gb ddr4 2400
Gigabyte b360m ds3h
Same hard drive and same SSD
Same optical drive
Same PSU
Same Rx 580

When starting up, everything lights up and all fans work. It immediately stops and starts up again, then waits a moment and proceeds to give me 5 short beeps. I've looked up and found that the beeps seem to mean its a cpu issue from the motherboards perspective.

What I've tried:
-Put the ram in a different slot, but defaulting to the slot labeled 1 out of the 4.
-Removing the connection for the reset button. (As to not accidentally trip itself)
-Reseating CPU and CPU power connector.
-Checking underneath the motherboard for additional little standing things that would short something. (There were none)
-Plugging in a VGA to the board graphics instead of the usual display port in the gpu. (Still no video)
-Removing the cmos battery and waiting 20 minutes to put back and retry. (No jumper)

None of what I tried has made any difference in outcome.

As a note, I bought the motherboard "Used - Very Good" on amazon. And also the ram is from eBay, "New (other)". (You know how hard it is to find reasonably priced ram these days)
Here are details from the listing of ram.
tumblr_pceuycyckp1usd9tgo1_400.jpg

tumblr_pceuz4CrdF1usd9tgo1_400.jpg

Solution
It sounds like you are doing the right thing, its possible the problem is the motherboard itself

The four DDR4 memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets as following:
Channel A: DDR4_2, DDR4_4
Channel B: DDR4_1, DDR4_3

See page 10 of your manual. Try putting a stick in slot 2 instead.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gigabyte usually uses AMI bios and 5 short beeps is a cpu error.

This could be as simple as you do not have the EPS 12v (4+4) plugged in at the top of the mobo, the mains (20+4) is not fully seated in the slot, there's no fan on the cpu_fan header or bent pins inside the socket. Or, and in over 30 years of pc tinkering/building I've only seen it 3 times, a DOA cpu.

The best way to see is what's called breadboarding, you pull the motherboard out of the case, putting it on a thick piece of cardboard. only hookup the 2x power, 1 stick of ram, cpu and cpu cooler fan. Considering you could possibly have bent socket pins, checking this is a priority before applying any more power.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3716896/short-beeps-gigabyte-b360m-d2v.html

Mar 31, 2018
Ok I disconnected everything except essentials. When there's no ram, it gives the long continuous beeps like it should. When I put in the ram it switches to the same 5 beep error.
This leaves CPU or motherboard to be bad right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems quoted post is wrong. Manual shows you have an Award BIOS,
I would try 1 stick of ram at a time, that beep code you are getting doesn't match up with Award bios so i have my doubts - http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

ram error should be endless beeping, like yoiu got without ram in motherboard. 5 beeps doesn't seem to match anything?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/FAQ/816 - this lists AMI & Award bios codes, they aren't the same thing and don't appear to be linked in any way.

Mar 31, 2018
Sorry colif, let me clarify the original post I made lists my old PC components for comparison and then the new pc components. I am currently having issues getting the new to run, that is the one with the Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard.

Colif

Win 11 Master
No, its my fault for not looking hard enough... ok, it uses AMI so 5 soft beeps means ram isn't seated properly - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/730923-5-short-beep-on-startup/ (seems a common problem on Gigabyte motherboards)

totally explains why you got that error now.

Mar 31, 2018

What defines "seated properly" if gigabyte motherboards have this problem often? I've reseated the ram a few times, it's completely level on the bottom and the latches on both sides are working and are level with all the other closed latches. It's also in slot 1. Should I try slots other than 1?

Colif

Win 11 Master
It sounds like you are doing the right thing, its possible the problem is the motherboard itself

The four DDR4 memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets as following:
Channel A: DDR4_2, DDR4_4
Channel B: DDR4_1, DDR4_3

See page 10 of your manual. Try putting a stick in slot 2 instead.

Solution