Question New Build - 7800x3D

Interrupting_Cow

Honorable
Dec 31, 2016
The last personal build I did was in 2016 with a 7th Gen Intel Chip. And more recently an AMD 3800x for my partner

I have built a new system based on the AMD 7800X3D chip.
MSI MEG Ace x760e - Bios is from 3/23/2023
64MB Corsair 6000 Expo enabled ram
MSI Gaming Trio 4090

I haven't ever used a higher end motherboard with the debug code on it so I am unsure what is normal.

Everything seems to run well, but on initial boot it sits on CODE 15 (15 Pre-memory System Agent initialization is started) for about a minute before it actually initializes and boots the system.

Is this normal?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: 7800X3D
CPU cooler:
Motherboard: MSI MEG Ace x670e
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU: MSI Gaming Trio 4090
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU if it's been recycled from an older build.

Might want to include a link to the ram you're working with. As for your motherboard, MSI's site seems to be 504'ing for me, can you state the BIOS version(not just the date)?

D

Deleted member 2838871

I have seen several things posted here and elsewhere about AM5 and long boot times. Some were claiming it’s normal that it goes through memory training on every cold boot.

I can believe it. I got my 7950x3D build up and running last night and while there were no issues I too am having long boot times. Specs are in sig.