Question New build, boots up but displaying distortions

arch_angel

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Hi guys, I'm trying to use this computer with no GPU. Computer boots fine but displaying distortions on start up and once in Windows it doesn't display anything and no signal. Here's a link to a picture showing the distortion https://ibb.co/Ld5XNVC

Tried with a GPU and it works fine. Did some tests on the CPU and seems fine. What could be the cause? Specs as follows:

Intel Core i7-10700K
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS MB
Corsair 32GB 2666mhz

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

arch_angel

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
CPU temps are normal, tried swapping a working memory and got the latest bios and nothing is fixing the problem. Now my GPU is not working so I can't do further tests unless a get a new GPU now. Just my luck...

One thing in my mind, when I did the CPU test it was with the intel diagnostic tool. When it went to the GPU test part I think it says it will skip it or something. Do you think the culprit is the CPU's integrated graphics at fault here?

CPU temps are normal, tried swapping a working memory and got the latest bios and nothing is fixing the problem. Now my GPU is not working so I can't do further tests unless a get a new GPU now. Just my luck...

One thing in my mind, when I did the CPU test it was with the intel diagnostic tool. When it went to the GPU test part I think it says it will skip it or something. Do you think the culprit is the CPU's integrated graphics at fault here?

The cpu may be defective. Have you swapped out monitor cables ? Played with the monitor controls to change the input settings ? You may need to manually change the monitor input to 60hz using the monitors built in controls.

arch_angel

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Yes, I have tried a display port cable and a hdmi cable (both confirmed working) and the same distorted display. Also tried on a different monitor as well to no avail.

TRENDING THREADS