[SOLVED] New build cannot run 8 monitors are the same time(which was the primary goal)

Mar 2, 2022
hello,
my job reuires a pc that is able to run 8 monitors at the same time(for graphs,not something too heavy, the monitors are no more)
i bought this pc:
I9-11900
MSI Z590 PRO WIFI
2 X PNY QUADRO T1000 (each one has 4 outputs)
64 GB ram of kingston
Zalman 750W psu
SAMSUNG SSD 1TB M.2 PCIe 3.0X4 nvme 980
Windows 11

the problem is only 5 monitors work out of the 8
now ive noticed something,both of my graphic cards are working on X4 pci(according to gpu-z)
i have another pc with an I7 and two quadro 620 and ive seen that there one of the graphic card is running on X16 and the other on X4
is this related to my problem in any way?
in my new build i have connected one of the graphics card to the colored pci(thats suppose to give X16 right ?but it doesnt)
would appreciate if someone could help me run the 8 monitors together
thank you very much

Solution
I'd expect if both PCI-e slots were populated (one , the lower slot is PCI-e 3.0, the other is 4.0), and, if both populated that perhaps only 8x lanes would be available to each GPU...

(Possibly the lower slot might then be reduced in PCI-e lanes if NVME slot is also populated?)

In an event, I don't think that would cause a card to limit your number of monitors could be displayed...

As you have 2 cards, you can (with power removed) swap them to be sure neither is inducing the reduced number of monitors functionality...

(you might need to search thru the BIOS to make sure there are not some sort of PCI-e lanes enabling feature for the 2nd x16 slot, but, again, I don't think that would affect how many ports you can run.)
hello,
my job reuires a pc that is able to run 8 monitors at the same time(for graphs,not something too heavy, the monitors are no more)
i bought this pc:
I9-11900
MSI Z590 PRO WIFI
2 X PNY QUADRO T1000 (each one has 4 outputs)
64 GB ram of kingston
Zalman 750W psu
SAMSUNG SSD 1TB M.2 PCIe 3.0X4 nvme 980
Windows 11

the problem is only 5 monitors work out of the 8
now ive noticed something,both of my graphic cards are working on X4 pci(according to gpu-z)
i have another pc with an I7 and two quadro 620 and ive seen that there one of the graphic card is running on X16 and the other on X4
is this related to my problem in any way?
in my new build i have connected one of the graphics card to the colored pci(thats suppose to give X16 right ?but it doesnt)
would appreciate if someone could help me run the 8 monitors together
thank you very much
PCIe lines are shared between slots and number of them is dependent on number of PCIe lanes from processor and in some cases and slots by chipset. If exceeded, some slots may be limiting number of lanes available or not be available at all.
For more monitor outlets you should look at some of these
https://plugable.com/collections/usb-graphics-adapters

I'd expect if both PCI-e slots were populated (one , the lower slot is PCI-e 3.0, the other is 4.0), and, if both populated that perhaps only 8x lanes would be available to each GPU...

(Possibly the lower slot might then be reduced in PCI-e lanes if NVME slot is also populated?)

In an event, I don't think that would cause a card to limit your number of monitors could be displayed...

As you have 2 cards, you can (with power removed) swap them to be sure neither is inducing the reduced number of monitors functionality...

(you might need to search thru the BIOS to make sure there are not some sort of PCI-e lanes enabling feature for the 2nd x16 slot, but, again, I don't think that would affect how many ports you can run.)

Solution