New build desktop: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

ejay0378

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
I bought it all of them in parts and assemble them, I checked my SATA cable is clearly plugged to my motherboard into HDD same thing as my hdd sata cable plug was clear.. I push the power button, gpu and motherboards is all green lights and I got this message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Sorry I forgot to mentioned I still don't have any windows OS Installed like windows 7/8 could it be the problem? It should be saying "press any key to boot from CD to DVD" proof that its all fine any just looking for the windows 8 CD not reboot blah lah..

This is the following i've already done:
1. I put 1st boot priority is my HDD but it still no luck

2. Unplugged the memory stick and plug it again, I've also tried to put in another memory slot in my mother board but it just gives me a solid red light LED memok on my motherboards looks like its no good so i put it on back to the other slot and its fine now no red light.

3. I unplugged my GPU/Video card and plugged it again but no luck

Im using
Asus M5A97 R2 motherboard
Corsair CX430 watts power supply
Asus GTX Geforce GTX 750 Ti GPU
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB memory
1TB Western digital HDD

Please help me, any suggestion?

Solution

Well then. The system sees that there is no disk in there, so it does not give that option.
It can't try to boot from a non-existent DVD.

USAFRet

Titan

Well then. The system sees that there is no disk in there, so it does not give that option.
It can't try to boot from a non-existent DVD.

Solution