[SOLVED] New Build, Encountering Various BSoD Errors

Aug 10, 2020
Hello all! I'm a first-time builder and just completed my new PC on Saturday. For the most part the system has worked incredibly fast and smooth, but I have encountered several BSoD errors over the last few days.

I should have done my research better but I relied on a friend who has built several PCs to help me with driver installation and fear this is where I went wrong. I installed Windows from a USB my brother had from his last build and purchased a Windows 10 Pro key and activated the key after installation. I downloaded MSI's AMD chipset driver directly from their website and followed a link my friend sent me for the NVIDIA and Geforce experience drivers. He recommended I use Live Update 6 and I did that, but have since uninstalled it because it keeps prompting me to run another scan and suggesting I install things I thought I already had installed.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WIFI
GPU: Geforce RTX 2060
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4-3600
PSU: CX55M

First errors were yesterday - it was while running several programs (none too intensive - Firefox, Discord, Spotify) and I got System Thread Exception Not Handled. After the restart, I tried to open up Discord but it wouldn't open and then I immediately got another error, this time IRQL not less or equal.

Today I got an error after Slack crashed in Firefox. (It crashed and wouldn't restore). I tried to open up Discord after that and it kept crashing and then I got the error code Memory_Management.

I tried to open up the minidump files before realizing I would need someone who knows how to do that ... to do that lol. But I have 5 DMP files, however when I try to upload to them to a file sharing website it says I don't have permission to open those files?

Any help appreciated! Thanks all.

Solution
That did not help unfortunately. :\ I did those steps, tried again, and it didn't work, so I restarted and after restart encountered a black screen with no graphics (but I was able to pull up and see task manager.) Then I got a Memory Management error code and restart again.
Are you able to boot into safe mode normally?
Unusual for driver conflicts to cause visual changes. Not that every memory management is RAM related, but just based on what you've described and being as there isn't as much to go off, I'd go through this: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-passmark-memtest86.24300/

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If you could share the minidump files with us from that somewhere then we can download and look into them to maybe hopefully give some more detail. What file sharing site are you using? Just something like google drive or onedrive should suffice, just set the folder to shared and send the link.

Aug 10, 2020

If you could share the minidump files with us from that somewhere then we can download and look into them to maybe hopefully give some more detail. What file sharing site are you using? Just something like google drive or onedrive should suffice, just set the folder to shared and send the link.

Unfortunately when I try to upload the files it says "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." :\

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

Well problem is WIndows 10 by default doesn't put anything in event viewer if it is a BSOD. So that is useless unless you turn on the option but I forget how. It is not the GPU as that would just freeze and or give artifacts or screen goes black. It is not CPU as doing regular desktop stuff the CPU is not taxed that much so that is not it. I'm also guessing your temps are ok and below TJ MAX and GPU Temp is ok since you were in desktop when you got the crash. Your PSU should have enough ampage on the 12v rail as well. Did you touch the BIOS in any way shape or form? Also you might want to set your RAM speeds manually. So you set the RAM speed the voltage and the timings of the KIT and give her a try. Let us know what happens. 😏

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well problem is WIndows 10 by default doesn't put anything in event viewer if it is a BSOD.
You don't need to view it in event viewer. Event viewer is just that, views events with little detail. The corresponding dump files tell the most detail about any stop error.

It is not the GPU as that would just freeze and or give artifacts or screen goes black.
Whilst those are sure signs of a faulty GPU, they are not the only signs. Plenty of faulty GPUs can cause driver issues or BSOD issues. In fact there are a selection of Video related stop errors made for this. Fortunately, none of the stop errors above directly indicate it's video related.

It is not CPU as doing regular desktop stuff the CPU is not taxed that much so that is not it.
CPUs can still fault whether under heavy load or not. Having said that CPU failure is rare.

Your PSU should have enough ampage on the 12v rail as well.
Doesn't matter if the quality of the PSU itself is poor. Amperage does not equal quality. Having said that, I would sooner see PSU cause other issues than these kind of stop errors yes.

Aug 10, 2020
Aug 10, 2020
Did you touch the BIOS in any way shape or form? Also you might want to set your RAM speeds manually. So you set the RAM speed the voltage and the timings of the KIT and give her a try. Let us know what happens. 😏

Yes, I did go into BIOS and turned on the X-AMP setting because I ran a benchmark and it indicated my RAM was underperforming and it suggested to turn on AMP.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
That did not help unfortunately. :\ I did those steps, tried again, and it didn't work, so I restarted and after restart encountered a black screen with no graphics (but I was able to pull up and see task manager.) Then I got a Memory Management error code and restart again.
Are you able to boot into safe mode normally?
Unusual for driver conflicts to cause visual changes. Not that every memory management is RAM related, but just based on what you've described and being as there isn't as much to go off, I'd go through this: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-passmark-memtest86.24300/

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Unfortunately when I try to upload the files it says "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission." :\
wonders if user tried to upload direct from c/windows/minidump and didn't instead copy them to another folder 1st and then try to upload the copies. You don't own the originals, the system does.

I been seeing a lot of black screen errors recently.

Aug 10, 2020

I ended up running a memory diagnostic again which gave me the result saying that I had a hardware issue (which did not show up on day one when I ran this diagnostic originally.) I reseated the RAM, tried again, and no dice. I decided to try and do an entirely fresh system installation, but kept running into issues there (a few error 0X8007025SD codes and System Svs Exceptions, and then one Page Fault in NonPaged Area eventually). I took out a ram, tried again, and then eventually had to switch out and am down to one RAM. I think the issue was a faulty RAM, it would appear?

Re-downloaded my drivers fresh, AMD Chipset, Bluetooth driver, Intel Network and WIFI Drivers, the Realtek HD universal Driver, as well as Geforce Experience.

Aug 10, 2020
wonders if user tried to upload direct from c/windows/minidump and didn't instead copy them to another folder 1st and then try to upload the copies. You don't own the originals, the system does.
You are very correct that I tried to upload directly from that path... Thanks for the pointer, if I encounter further issues I will utilize this info!